Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
    I would guess Crick, but he is WILD WILD WILD
    Maybe the conversion to the bullpen has helped. His last several outings he only has walked couple of batters which is a huge improvement for him.

Comment

• Justin Anderson w a shaky save today. 2-run lead, he gets the 1st 2 outs in the 9th, then walks the bases loaded before getting the last out. Parker looks like the better bet here.

Comment

• Melancon first game back pitching the 7th and he strikes out the side on 14 pitches.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Any sea why the padres decided to bring hand in for the 8th and let Yates close?

Comment

• based on the score and results, I wonder if Padres wanted to join the trend and give Hand a 2-IP save, but circumstances changed?
            interesting usage. but without info, I would not panic as a Hand owner who already is playing with house money (maybe for 2 years, and I wish it was me)
            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
              Any sea why the padres decided to bring hand in for the 8th and let Yates close?
              I didnt understand this one. The previous time Hand was brought in early, it made sense because the game was on the line. Not the case tonite as they had a 3-run lead. The only thing I can think of is that they were going to let Hand throw 2 innings but he threw 25 pitches in the 8th and they didnt want his pitch count to get too high. But that still doesnt explain well why they brought him in early when Yates was available and the game wasnt on the line.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                Any sea why the padres decided to bring hand in for the 8th and let Yates close?
                My guess is Votto was leading off the 8th and was 3 for 3.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                  Justin Anderson w a shaky save today. 2-run lead, he gets the 1st 2 outs in the 9th, then walks the bases loaded before getting the last out. Parker looks like the better bet here.
                  From what I was reading, he got ahead two strikes on each of those guys and then got squeezed tight by the umps with a lot of good pitches questionably called balls.

Comment

• Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
                    My guess is Votto was leading off the 8th and was 3 for 3.
                    Yup, and Gennett was up right after Votto, so it made total sense to use Hand in a high leverage situation.
                    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                    -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                      Yup, and Gennett was up right after Votto, so it made total sense to use Hand in a high leverage situation.
                      Makes absolutely no sense for my fantasy team. None!
                      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                        Makes absolutely no sense for my fantasy team. None!
                        Do you have Altuve this year? Cause I don't want the Astros pinch running for him anymore.
                        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                          Do you have Altuve this year? Cause I don't want the Astros pinch running for him anymore.
                          Have you seen me bitch about his lackluster stats so far????

I do not own him this year.
                          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                            Have you seen me bitch about his lackluster stats so far????
                            You know you are a superstar when you lead the league in hits and get called lackluster!

Comment

• As a Yankee fan and an Aroldis Chapman owner I feel a little bit guilty, but not really, about being happy that Holder managed to take a 7-2 9th inning lead and turn it into an opportunity for Chapman to close a 7-4 game facing just one batter (and striking him out). That should still leave him available to close the nightcap as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                                You know you are a superstar when you lead the league in hits and get called lackluster!
                                Yeah he's dominating that one category! Now about the other 4...

Comment

Working...
                                X