X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for your insight

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
      Ziegler's ERA up to a season worst 7.54 after yet another complete implosion. But Mattingly will still wait this out until he has some trade value. What a joke.
      I'm super frustrated with Mattingly, as I've been carrying Ziegler and Barraclough in my NL only league hoping and waiting for Ziegler to be demoted in favor of Barraclough so I can drop Ziegler and pick up a good middle reliever and protect my ERA/WHIP without losing saves. This is dragging on way too long.

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
        I do
        Mets played 4 games in the last 3 days, and lost 3 of them with multi-run leads after 7 IP
        multiply NY market by 100
        MGR Calloway literally said today that he has not slept in a week. said today was "rock bottom" (Mets fans laughed)
        they started 10.00 ERA Vargas today on 3 days rest - then lifted him after 5 scoreless IP
        MLB debut guy allowed 1 ER in 2 IP
        Familia on with a 3-1 lead in the 8th because the heart of the order was up
        Mets also trust Gsellman

so kind of a 1-off, and absent other info, nothing to see here
        It could happen again, if only because Callaway seems to subscribe to the theory that you bring your closer in tough situations, not just the 9th inning. But, yes, mostly a 1-off. Gsellman seems to be the backup choice, however, and could get 5-7 saves this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
          Ziegler's ERA up to a season worst 7.54 after yet another complete implosion. But Mattingly will still wait this out until he has some trade value. What a joke.

everyone but Mattingly know Zeigler will never have trade value. At best, he gets moved to a team that uses him in the seventh inning and the Marlins get back a coupon for 50% off to a Six Flags theme park.
          After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• Per Rotoworld, Mattingly "indicated" that Barraclough could take over as closer, while also "mentioning" Steckenrider as an option.

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
              Per Rotoworld, Mattingly "indicated" that Barraclough could take over as closer, while also "mentioning" Steckenrider as an option.
              I owned both, but recently dropped Steckenrider. I thought he would be the guy long term. Maybe he still will be, but I think Bear claw has to get first crack based on YTD performance.

Comment

• From RW:

Marlins manager Don Mattingly confirmed that Brad Ziegler has been removed from the closer role.
                This comes on the heels of a brutal outing Wednesday against the Padres. Ziegler has been dreadful this year, delivering a sluggish 7.83 ERA with five losses and a blown save. Mattingly declined to name a replacement for Ziegler in the ninth inning, though Kyle Barraclough should be the obvious choice

Comment

• "Sir Anthony" w a 2-inn save tonite. Remained in in the 9th instead of Neris coming in. Of course, didnt allow any runs. In fact, he was perfect w 2 Ks.
                  Last edited by rhd; 05-31-2018, 10:51 PM.

Comment

• Catastrophic outing for Felipe Vasquez tonite. Handed a 3-run lead, he failed to get an out, gave up 3 hits and a walk and a walk-off HR to rookie Yairo Munoz. There was a batter reached on error mixed in but it wouldnt seem to have made a difference as they lost by 2 anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                      Catastrophic outing for Felipe Vasquez tonite. Handed a 3-run lead, he failed to get an out, gave up 3 hits and a walk and a walk-off HR to rookie Yairo Munoz. There was a batter reached on error mixed in but it wouldnt seem to have made a difference as they lost by 2 anyway.
                      Bring back Felipe Rivero.
                      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                        "Sir Anthony" w a 2-inn save tonite. Remained in in the 9th instead of Neris coming in. Of course, didnt allow any runs. In fact, he was perfect w 2 Ks.
                        and Garcia was warming in the 9th, I noticed, just in case.
                        but if you think this one is over, you haven't been paying attention. Kapler loves the - well - attention, and just dialing in guys by rote doesn't get you that. he is lucky that he has a lot of good options.
                        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                          and Garcia was warming in the 9th, I noticed, just in case.
                          but if you think this one is over, you haven't been paying attention. Kapler loves the - well - attention, and just dialing in guys by rote doesn't get you that. he is lucky that he has a lot of good options.
                          you kind of sounded just now like the guy from Game of Thrones torturing Theon Greyjoy.
                          If you think the 9th inning of this game has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention...muahaha

Comment

• Crick the stash in PIT?
                            12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
                            1B-Cron
                            2B- Villar
                            SS- Andrus
                            3B-Baez
                            MI-L. Gurriel
                            CI- Y.Gurriel
                            OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
                            UTIL- Benintendi
                            BENCH: Pence, Dyson
                            SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
                            RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson
                            IL: Buxton

Comment

• Originally posted by Msaint View Post
                              Crick the stash in PIT?

I still think it's Santana but it's hard to say.

Comment

• I would guess Crick, but he is WILD WILD WILD
                                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Working...
                                X