2K19: Closer and Bullpen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
    His sister must have told him he wasn't hurt.
    LOL.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
      I just threw up in my mouth a little. I guess it makes sense. Keller has pitched well. His K rate is horrid for a stopper though. So is McCarthy's.
      Keller moved to the rotation (I grabbed him this week - if he sticks and produces I will look like a genius in my AL). CM now saying Herrera/McCarthy/Adam. Yeesh.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
      Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
      Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Astros went with Devenski over Giles to close against the Yankees tonight and it didn't go well. Three strikeouts, but walk/HR/double/single mixed in there too, going to extra innings.
        In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• philly.com has an article tonight with Kapler frothing at the mouth over likely return of Neshek next month, with all the spots he wish he could have used him in already. finally, something to complicate that boring bullpen....
          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Sabermetricians are proud of Andy Green (SD's mgr) tonite. With a 5-4 lead, he brought in Brad Hand in the 8th and he promptly got the side in order w 2 Ks. I thought he would be left in for a 6-out save, but SD loaded the bases w noone out in their next AB w Hand up nextand they pinch-hit Villanueva for him, who promptly singled in 2 runs. They scored 2 more runs and they brought in Makita for the 9th, who gave up a leadoff HR, then a single and was pulled for Yates, who got the next 3 out. Nice for analytics-minded strategists but bad for Hand's roto owners, like me .

Comment

• Edwin Diaz w a horrible outing tonite. In a 5-5 tie, he gave up 4 ER on 3 hits and a walk while recording only 1 out.

Comment

• i know pitchers change when they switch from SP to RP. but i never understood why Brad Hand never really got a rotation spot when he was with MIA. his numbers weren't great but they seemed decent enough. i'm glad i can finally have him on my fantasy team. he's kind of in the same category as Thames, guys that deserved to play more but never got a break.

Comment

• Raisel Iglesias (biceps) is scheduled to throw a live bullpen session Wednesday.

Advice: If the session goes without a hitch Iglesias is expected to come off the 10-day disabled list. He has been battling a strained biceps on his left (non-throwing) arm. Iglesias is worth scooping up now in deeper NL-only fantasy leagues if he is available off the waiver wire.

More: The Associated Press
                  (Rotoworld.com)
                  suddenly i thought he wasn't the closer anymore, and i had forgotten everything i ever learned! it was a very scary moment.

ps i wonder if this hurts his trade value.
                  Last edited by ; 05-30-2018, 04:01 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                    Edwin Diaz w a horrible outing tonite. In a 5-5 tie, he gave up 4 ER on 3 hits and a walk while recording only 1 out.
                    seemed to me like he's always popping up as I scan rotoworld each morning so I checked in on his usage lately - 6 appearances over the last 8 days. They might want to protect that valuable asset a bit more.
                    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Felipe Vazquez pitched yesterday and apparently his forearm scare was nothing?

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                        Felipe Vazquez pitched yesterday and apparently his forearm scare was nothing?
                        and per closer monkey ...
                        Not only that, but Vazquez hit triple digits with his fastball four times, his way of showing everyone he’s fine.
                        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Ziegler's ERA up to a season worst 7.54 after yet another complete implosion. But Mattingly will still wait this out until he has some trade value. What a joke.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                            Ziegler's ERA up to a season worst 7.54 after yet another complete implosion. But Mattingly will still wait this out until he has some trade value. What a joke.
                            It's actually 7.83. Thanx a lot for blowing yet another win for my guy Urena, who has pitched pretty well lately but is still winless. This team cant score runs and when they do manage to get a lead the pen blows it time and time again.

Comment

• Does anybody know why familia was brought in to pitch the 8th instead of closing, allowing gsellman to close and get the save.

Comment

• I do
                                Mets played 4 games in the last 3 days, and lost 3 of them with multi-run leads after 7 IP
                                multiply NY market by 100
                                MGR Calloway literally said today that he has not slept in a week. said today was "rock bottom" (Mets fans laughed)
                                they started 10.00 ERA Vargas today on 3 days rest - then lifted him after 5 scoreless IP
                                MLB debut guy allowed 1 ER in 2 IP
                                Familia on with a 3-1 lead in the 8th because the heart of the order was up
                                Mets also trust Gsellman

so kind of a 1-off, and absent other info, nothing to see here
                                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Working...
                                X