No announcement yet.

2K19: Closer and Bullpen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yes, Norris is Exhibit 1 million on how easy it is to be a reliever compared to starting.
    case after case of guys who can't make it as an SP move to the 'pen - and voila!

so, my Seranthony in the 8th for PHI off a 3-0 lead - hitless IP again.
    2 outs, bottom 8, my Nick Williams - who I had already traded, effective tomorrow - plates a run for 4-0 then takes away a SV opp for my Neris. Nick, you're dead to me. again.
    so Neris enters and allows a leadoff single to Markakis (who I won't own in that same deal until tomorrow).
    Last edited by Judge Jude; 05-23-2018, 08:59 PM.
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• CloserNews says Hughes gets first crack in CIN. Has good #’s.
      12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
      1B-Cron
      2B- Villar
      SS- Andrus
      3B-Baez
      MI-L. Gurriel
      CI- Y.Gurriel
      OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
      UTIL- Benintendi
      BENCH: Pence, Dyson
      SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
      RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson
      IL: Buxton

Comment

• Originally posted by The Dane View Post
        I see where you're coming from, and I think we're in agreement. For me, he doesn't look the part. I want my metrics guys to look like Nate Silver, not The Rock, but from what I've read that he's written (not what's written about him), he's a guy that gets it. He's certainly not some cutting edge analytical mind (who is?), but I think he can appreciate the reasoning that goes into this research, which I think means he's probably like a lot of us. l And frankly, he may be the person in all of MLB closest to the field of play with that kind of vision. There are tons of superior minds than him working for MLB teams, but they're, by and large, working in analytics departments and draft rooms and not in the dugout.

I think he may look like a meathead, but he isn't.
        I live in Philly so I've gotten to watch all of the post-game press conferences. I have to say, I've really come to like the guy. He's well spoken, seems intelligent, and seems to want to say the right things for the sake of the team. At times, especially early in the season, he seemed a bit nervous in front of the podium, which was kind of endearing, in a weird way for me. Similar to the way Doug Pederson spoke in the beginning when you could tell he wasn't yet entirely comfortable on such a big stage yet. (Not saying Kapler will be the baseball equivalent of Doug Peterson, just that they were both so green and seemed rightfully nervous at the podium at the start.)

He totally doesn't LOOK the part, though, as everyone has said. He looks like a GQ/meathead. I think a lot of locals weren't giving him a fair shake for a while just because of the way he looks.

Comment

• Hold Holland, or stash Alvarado or Sir Anthony?

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
          Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
          Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal View Post
            I live in Philly so I've gotten to watch all of the post-game press conferences. I have to say, I've really come to like the guy.
            Good information, thank you. I trust your experience over my own that was purely from afar.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
              Good information, thank you. I trust your experience over my own that was purely from afar.
              Agreed. Thank you.

Comment

• So, who closes in KC once they trade Herrera?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                  So, who closes in KC once they trade Herrera?
                  closermonkey says Keller then McCarthy.

Comment

• Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                    closermonkey says Keller then McCarthy.
                    I just threw up in my mouth a little. I guess it makes sense. Keller has pitched well. His K rate is horrid for a stopper though. So is McCarthy's.

Comment

• Colome traded to SEA to set up, Alvarado or Romo could take over as closer.

Comment

• Toronto turned to Ryan Tepera for the save tonite. Handed a 2-run lead, he gave up 2H and 2BB and a WP but got a big K of Rhys Hoskins w the bases loaded and a run already in and got a very shaky save. Nothing settled yet in the Jays pen.

Comment

• Rough outing for Knebel tonite. Handed a 1-run lead, after getting the 1st 2 batters, he walked 3 and gave up a hit to blow the save. He threw 33 pitches and Jeffress came on to get the last out preserve the tie. Looks like he just had control problems tonite so likely no change in the closer situation.

Comment

• Knebel had allowed ONE total baserunner in his previous 5 IP/5 G
                            just couldn't get a 3rd strike; tons of foul balls
                            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• How brutal has Holland been? Last 4 outings:

IP 2 H 10 ER 8 BB 4 K 2 ERA 36.00 WHIP 7.OO

Cards need to tell him it's AAA or if he doesn't want to go then it is goodbye. Keeping him on their roster because he has a 14 mil contact is costing them more. It is beyond stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by pitbull View Post
                                How brutal has Holland been? Last 4 outings:

IP 2 H 10 ER 8 BB 4 K 2 ERA 36.00 WHIP 7.OO

Cards need to tell him it's AAA or if he doesn't want to go then it is goodbye. Keeping him on their roster because he has a 14 mil contact is costing them more. It is beyond stupid.
                                And he heads to the DL with an extreme case of suckitis.

Comment

Working...
                                X