2K19: Closer and Bullpen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like Chen a little better than Davies, at least

Hendricks is good. if you think you are going for it, I'd do Hand for Hendricks
    especially if Hand in AL means you lose him
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
      I like Chen a little better than Davies, at least

Hendricks is good. if you think you are going for it, I'd do Hand for Hendricks
      especially if Hand in AL means you lose him
      Not really going for it - we have a rolling dynasty prize for best four year finish, so I'm just trying to amass enough points to win that, which I have a better shot at than an outright title.

Comment

• scour the FA SP market, then
        Last edited by Judge Jude; 05-03-2018, 10:19 PM.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

• What should Greg Holland owners with limited bench space and looking for saves do now? Hold and tie up a roster spot? Drop and move on? Trade for anything you can get?
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
            Givens has settled in as the temperatures have come up. Maybe he gets a shot in the interim.
            He's being used as a long man in a 12-0 rout tonight. Do not think he is close to getting the closer job.

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
              What should Greg Holland owners with limited bench space and looking for saves do now? Hold and tie up a roster spot? Drop and move on? Trade for anything you can get?
              Who would want Holland in a trade? I would probably hold for another week or so.
              "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                Who would want Holland in a trade? I would probably hold for another week or so.
                Only person who MIGHT want Holland is a Norris owner like me, for insurance. But probably won't pay a lot. He's on 1-year deal with STL (albeit not cheap) and they have zero obligation to give him that job long as he sucks wind. So Norris owners—not speaking for all, just myself—are likely fine getting "house money" saves out of Norris knowing that right now, the tea leaves say Holland is toast-ish.
                12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
                1B-Cron
                2B- Villar
                SS- Andrus
                3B-Baez
                MI-L. Gurriel
                CI- Y.Gurriel
                OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
                UTIL- Benintendi
                BENCH: Pence, Dyson
                SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
                RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson
                IL: Buxton

Comment

• If the Cards want Holland to close or least use him in the 7/8 innings why not send him down so he can pitch regularly. He hasn't pitched in almost a week so using him this way doesn't make much sense. Outside of Norris the Cards bullpen is very mediocre. Your 2nd best reliever is Hicks who has walked 13 batters in almost the same amount of innings pitched.

Comment

• I suspect Holland would turn down a demotion. if the Cards cut him, he can then add more money to the $14M he is owed this year already!

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

• Bud Norris just left the game with an injury, this after Dominic Leone was placed on the DL. The plot thickens!

Comment

• Hader proves he's human after all and gives up a 2-run HR to blow a save tonite.

Comment

• per usage, MIL massaged the order to ensure 2 IP for Hader, which he got. so he got a vulture W instead

I haven't seen multiple RP/multiple IP usage to close games since the 1980s. or was it the 1970s?

Barnes and Albers have been spectacular as well behind Hader and Jeffress

and this on a team with a closer about to return who had 126 K in 76 IP last year

bullpen story of the year so far

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

• Rare rough outing for Devenski tonite. Came in in a tied game in the 9th and loaded the bases and surrendered the GW hit.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                              Bud Norris just left the game with an injury, this after Dominic Leone was placed on the DL. The plot thickens!
                              Holland owners are currently experiencing analysis paralysis.
                              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• What are thoughts about Kela? What kind of year might he have? Will he close all season?

I have been offered him for Josh Bell.

my current closers are
                                Hand, Ziegler, Holland and that is looking like it won't cut it.

Comment

Working...
                                X