RJ Mock One Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DMT View Post
    Mad Max at 5, not sure I could pull the trigger that early on a pitcher, but can't really argue with the pick.
    I have never been in a league with 17 teams so I figured getting a stud SP was tantamount to success. And for Round 2 there should still be some type of stud hitter to anchor my team. Or it was a huge mistake!!
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
      I have never been in a league with 17 teams so I figured getting a stud SP was tantamount to success. And for Round 2 there should still be some type of stud hitter to anchor my team. Or it was a huge mistake!!
      I figured I better take Mith's advice
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      ---------------------------------------------
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Arrenado at 7? Not even worth commentary. Ho-hum.
        One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Rutschman 22 JRamirez 40 Dezenzo 5 Lewis 6 Semien 26 Torres 20 Hamilton 10 Tucker 42 Cowser 1 Meadows 5 Holliday 17 Andujar 10 Robert 28 P Lopez 8 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10 McArthur 1 Miller 6 Crochet 10 Crawford 1

Comment

Originally posted by cool hand View Post
          Arrenado at 7? Not even worth commentary. Ho-hum.
          ADP at Fantrax of 5.06, so not very far from the norm.

Comment

Harper falling to 8 in an OBP league is a gift.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
              Had you pegged for Betts based on previous comments. Why Turner over Betts?
              Way more SBs and more valuable position. I'd have picked Turner over Goldy fwiw.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                I was hoping for Turner and was surprised to see him go at #4. Not because it's a bad pick at all, just that I had expected him to go in the 10-15 range. Obviously my expectations are way off!
                His ADP is 4-5 in early NFBC drafts which is a similar format but only 17 teams. SBs are scarce.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                  Harper falling to 8 in an OBP league is a gift.
                  Glad you mentioned this. Had no idea it was OBP.
                  One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Rutschman 22 JRamirez 40 Dezenzo 5 Lewis 6 Semien 26 Torres 20 Hamilton 10 Tucker 42 Cowser 1 Meadows 5 Holliday 17 Andujar 10 Robert 28 P Lopez 8 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10 McArthur 1 Miller 6 Crochet 10 Crawford 1

Comment

LOL - that will make a difference though not so much for picks thus far

Comment

• sorry guys, for some reason, I can't log into the site, i see the fantrax screen, then it goes to grey....
                      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• grrr, looks like fantrax is blocked at my work, I'll take Kris Bryant
                        "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Tymer View Post
                          Way more SBs and more valuable position. I'd have picked Turner over Goldy fwiw.
                          Discussions I've heard this year are that the only scarce position is C in a deep 2 catcher league (with us at 1 C doesn't apply). Concept of middle infield having a lower replacement level could be antiquated.

Positional scarcity argument probably worth its own thread. I'd be interested in taking part in that type discussion if there is additional interest.

Comment

• I string bet on Bryant.....ended up taking Stanton

Comment

• It’s not position scarcity for Turner but SB scarcity. There are 3 players who are going to steal over 50 bases and only one that is 5 categories.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                                I string bet on Bryant.....ended up taking Stanton
                                Good, I wanted KB.
                                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Working...
                                X