Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inciarte, Blair and Swanson. Crazy imo

Comment

Mets acquired Neil Walker for Jon Niese.
      Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Originally posted by Piney Boy View Post
        Mets acquired Neil Walker for Jon Niese.
        Given the Mets SP depth, that seems like a good move for them.

Comment

White Sox get Brett Lawrie...

8:06pm: The White Sox and Athletics are apparently back on board with a trade sending infielder Brett Lawrie to Chicago, with Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle reporting (Twitter links) that the deal “sounds done” and could be announced soon. Dan Hayes of CSNChicago.com tweets that the agreement is done.

Young lefty Zachary Erwin and righty J.B. Wendelken make up the return to the A’s, Slusser tweets.
          MLB Trade Rumors...
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
            Mets sign Asdrubal Cabrera. Supposed to be a two year deal.
            Yuck. Ass dribble indeed.

Comment

Cabrera had a good defensive year for TB - surprisingly good considering his reputation the last couple of years. They positioned him quite well. Reminded me of 2008 when Bartlett came to TB & people thought of him as a poor defender

Comment

Given that they lost out on Zobrist, I think the Mets did well to land Walker and Cabrera. They aren't world beaters, but they are better than what they went to the WS with last year. I am bummed that Dilson Herrera is now unlikely to have much playing time in 2016.

Comment

Brett Lawrie has been a big disappointment so far in his career, but given the White Sox desperate need for a 3bman, and that they gave next to nothing to get him, I like the move. He may never pan out, but I still like his upside. He is a gamble, but one worth taking for them for what they gave.

Comment

Kind of a strange move by the Mets to pay ~20mil for Walker and Cabrera when they already have Wright/Flores/Tejada/Herrera/Duda in their infield.

I thought the Walker deal made a ton of sense for them - he's not much worse than Zobrist, costs a bit less this year and then he's gone. And all they give up is one of many depth SPs.

I can see how this makes sense for the Pirates too - if Niese is good they get 160-180 innings for 3 years at around 30mil. Walker is fine, but they weren't re-signing him. But now they are committed to a rehabbing Kang, a mediocre Mercer and a multi-position guy asset in J-Hey at 2B for their infield. Unless they can make a big splash at 1B, which seems unlikely, their lineup isn't going to be that great next year. They need a leap from Polanco and Kang to hit like he was hitting before he got hurt.

Comment

Oh, and the rebuilding Yankees traded (27-year old with 3 years of service time) Justin Wilson to the Tigers for 2 low-level pitching prospects.

And John Axford got 2/10 from the A's.

Comment

scott borass is now looking for a team to pay $200,000,000 to chris davis.

Earlier today it was suggested the O's increased their original offer but they have denied any increase and have, in fact, withdrawn their offer...

The Orioles have reportedly offered first baseman Chris Davis roughly $150MM to return to Baltimore. Read more at MLB Trade Rumors.

Can this turn into 'prince fielder' if a team has an injury?

Comment

Originally posted by wannabegriffey View Post
                          scott borass is now looking for a team to pay $200,000,000 to chris davis.

Earlier today it was suggested the O's increased their original offer but they have denied any increase and have, in fact, withdrawn their offer...

The Orioles have reportedly offered first baseman Chris Davis roughly $150MM to return to Baltimore. Read more at MLB Trade Rumors.

Can this turn into 'prince fielder' if a team has an injury?
                          If he can get it, more power to him. I think a team would be nuts to pay anywhere near 200 mil for Davis. Hell, for any aging 1bman, and Davis isn't even the best of that bunch. The Pujols and Fielder deals were nuts too.

Comment

Nats trade Yunel Escobar to the Angels for Trevor Gott

Bucs sign Juan Nicasio

Cards re-sign Jonathan Broxton

Comment

Ken Giles trade changed slightly - instead of Derek Fisher, Phillies get Mark Appel.
                              In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Phils get Charlie Morton from PIT for David Whitehead

Mariners sign Steve Cishek to a 2-yr deal

Comment

Working...
                                X