2015 Off-Season Transaction Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
    Pirates couldn't find anybody to trade for Alvarez?
    Probably not at the salary he would have gotten through arbitration. I expect someone will sign him for 1 year and a couple mil as a free agent, though.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
      Carter should go to OAK and platoon with Alonso. Depending on price he's a better version of their usual Nate Frieman type.

I think I'd rather give Canha a chance to develop more. 16 HR, age 26... why not.

Comment

Lackey to the Cubs on a 2-year deal.

Comment

Not as much a transaction as it is the lack thereof, but this is surprising given the success of Jung Ho Kang:

According to Jeff Passan of Yahoo Sports, no major league teams submitted bids on Korean third baseman Jae-gyun Hwang.
          Hwang will return to his Korean club for the final season of his contract before hitting free agency. It's shocking that he didn't generate any interest after slashing .290/.350/.521 with 26 homers and 97 RBI over 144 games for the Lotte Giants in 2015, especially given the shallow free agent market for third baseman.
          Source: Jeff Passan on Twitter via Rotoworld
          Dec 4 - 7:15 PM
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Madson to the A's on a 3 year deal.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
            Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
            Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Utley to the Dodgers/ 1 yr

Comment

Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
                Utley to the Dodgers/ 1 yr
                That's just genius...are they really going to have Mr. .629 OPS play 2nd all season?
                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                  That's just genius...are they really going to have Mr. .629 OPS play 2nd all season?
                  I'd guess he would share time with Hernandez and/or Peraza. Probably didn't want to shell out 4yr contract to a Kendrick/Murphy type with all the holes they have to still fill.

Comment

Robert Murray
                    ‏@RobertMurrayBBE
                    #Rockies agree to two-year deals with RHPs Jason Motte and Chad Qualls, team announces.

Comment

Jedd Gyorko and buckets of cash traded to the Cardinals for Jon Jay.

Gyorko will be a utility infielder. http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/14...padres-jon-jay

All of your Hamilton jokes are belong to the Padres.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                        Padres trade Gyorko to the Cards for Jon Jay. Weird trade for the Cardinals, imo. Where does Gyorko play?
                        I'm guessing super sub role...he played 29 games at SS last year so he can play all around the infield. Good move for the Cards on a player with talent who needed to get a fresh start. Strictly a salary dump for the Pads at this point...Jay is as blah as you can get.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                          I'm guessing super sub role...he played 29 games at SS last year so he can play all around the infield. Good move for the Cards on a player with talent who needed to get a fresh start. Strictly a salary dump for the Pads at this point...Jay is as blah as you can get.
                          Jay is blah, but a solid defender and LH contact bat which the Padres need. They'll be sending only about 6-7 million of the 32 owed Gyorko. Sources says this clears more room to sign Ian Desmond, but you know how those sources are....
                          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                            Jay is blah, but a solid defender and LH contact bat which the Padres need. They'll be sending only about 6-7 million of the 32 owed Gyorko. Sources says this clears more room to sign Ian Desmond, but you know how those sources are....
                            Ian Desmond? Not real high on him though.
                            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                              Ian Desmond? Not real high on him though.
                              That's what I have been hearing. Or a trade for elvis.

Comment

Looks like the D-Backs get Shelby Miller...don't know the return yet.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                                X