X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 Off-Season Transaction Thread

Here is the current free agent tracker from MLB Daily Dish

Torii Hunter Retires.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

From the Pirates:
      Travis Snider and Travis Ishikawa have elected free agency.
      In addition to A.J. Burnett and Aramis Ramirez retiring, Corey Hart and Joe Blanton are said to be considering retirement.

Some other notables from around the league:
      Barry Zito retired
      Dan Haren retired.

Players who retired during the season:
      Francisco Cordero
      Chris Perez
      Eric Bedard
      Rafael Furcal
      Bruce Chen
      Jeff Karstens
      Carlos Quentin

Here's a good source for recently retired players:
      http://www.thebaseballcube.com/today/tranx/retired.asp
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Dominic Brown is also a free agent.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Colby Rasmus becomes the first player to ever accept a Qualifying Offer, and a few more are expected.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
            Colby Rasmus becomes the first player to ever accept a Qualifying Offer, and a few more are expected.
            It's shocking to me that no player EVER has accepted a QO.
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
              It's shocking to me that no player EVER has accepted a QO.
              everyone wants year to year security

On Rasmus, was told by someone that his food choices & the ability to park his big truck were 2 things he really liked about Houston. True story

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                Matt Weiters also accepts QO.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Finally ! A couple of ball players who realize they are not going to get $75 million for 4 years of work offers just because they are free agents.

Comment

Originally posted by wannabegriffey View Post
                    Finally ! A couple of ball players who realize they are not going to get $75 million for 4 years of work offers just because they are free agents.
                    Well that, and both just got 100%+ raises and could become free agents again next season.

Comment

Jeremy Hellickson traded to the Phillies for minor league pitcher Sam McWilliams

Comment

Really surprised Ian Kennedy didn't accept the QO

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                          Brett Anderson accepts Dodgers' qualifying offer. I wonder what his value on the open market would have been? Probably a good bet for someone with his injury history to just take the money.
                          Yeah, that $15.8 million for one season is probably more than what he's earned during his entire injury plagued career.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                            Brett Anderson accepts Dodgers' qualifying offer. I wonder what his value on the open market would have been? Probably a good bet for someone with his injury history to just take the money.

In other news, the Padres are said to be looking at Ian Desmond. And if he doesn't retire, Mark Buehrle is "likely to pitch for the Cardinals", according to Toronto newspaper reports.

$15.8 million for Anderson is fucking INSANE!
                            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

The Dodgers needed to pay Anderson that much, they need to stay the course.
                              2016 - ???
                              2015 Dan Haren + Brian Wilson $19.5m
                              2014 Josh Beckett $13m
                              2013 Josh Beckett $13m

Sure, they'll spend $30m on Carl Crawford and Michael Morse. But that's wasted money on hitting - everyone knows wasted money on pitching wins championships - look at what SF accomplished with the Zito contract.
                              people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Working...
                              X