Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RHD's Latest Top 150 Roto Prospects ("MLB Draft Day" Edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
    Hey RHD,

I just picked up Franklyn Kilome SP PHI in both my MiLB drafts. I know the people on the phillies minors boards are excited about him. Is he getting any play yet in the national media? Poised for a move up the charts at year's end?
    Yeah, Kilome's stock is really zooming up. I havent seen him ranked nationally anywhere yet but BA ranked him #3 on their mid-season Phil's Top 10, behind Crawford and Nola. I dont know exactly where to put him on my list now but he's not too far away from the TOp 150.

Comment

I'm a sucker for young minor leaguers hitting a lot of doubles.

22 year-old 2B-3B Brandon Drury has some unusual numbers since his promotion to AAA: 157 AB, 17 2B, 1 HR.

With Chris Owings' struggles this year, could Drury break out in 2016 / shoot up your prospect list?

Comment

Originally posted by james33 View Post
        22 year-old 2B-3B Brandon Drury has some unusual numbers since his promotion to AAA: 157 AB, 17 2B, 1 HR.
        related: http://www.fangraphs.com/fantasy/thi...al-inflations/
        In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by james33 View Post
          I'm a sucker for young minor leaguers hitting a lot of doubles.

With Chris Owings' struggles this year, could Drury break out in 2016 / shoot up your prospect list?
          Thanx as always for the response, James.

I dont know exactly what to make of Drury. He's shown good power in the past and his report says he has good raw power but he goes to a hitter's haven like Reno and hits only 1 HR. But, yes, Owings is not doing well and it was because of his potential for playing time int he near future that has kept Drury on the list because his stats dont strike me as anything special. Several guys ahead of him on the D'backs depth chart at 2B (Owings, Pennington, Hill) but he has a chance to get a lot of playing time in 2016. I dont project a breakout tho and he'll stay around the back end of the top 150 for now.

Comment

I've been following the DBacks fairly close this year due to my Lamb obsession (just about to trade him ) and it would seem that everyone's clamoring for Drury at 2B sooner rather than later. His numbers this year have been pretty pedestrian but his K rate is solid and he's racked up the doubles so a return to the homer level from last year wouldn't be surprising. Owings is looking like he either needs more time in AAA or will be a future utility guy so Drury should get first crack at 2B next year.

Comment

I know I'm the only guy who likes him, probably including the Mariners front office, but Jabari Blash is putting up a hell of a season. He had a horrible start in AAA which makes his numbers look bad, and then he got sent down to AA for a while. Since he came back up, he's hitting .266/.356/.629 with 16 HR in 143 AB, and he's hit most of them in Tacoma which isn't as crazy a park as the rest of the PCL. If you have to take a flyer on someone, you could do a lot worse.
              In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
                I know I'm the only guy who likes him, probably including the Mariners front office, but Jabari Blash is putting up a hell of a season. He had a horrible start in AAA which makes his numbers look bad, and then he got sent down to AA for a while. Since he came back up, he's hitting .266/.356/.629 with 16 HR in 143 AB, and he's hit most of them in Tacoma which isn't as crazy a park as the rest of the PCL. If you have to take a flyer on someone, you could do a lot worse.
                He has 28 HRs now, which puts him close to the minor league lead. Doing better in his second go-round in AAA. BA left him off their Mariners Top 30 last year. Their 2013 report says he's got big-time power potential, runs well and has a plus arm but is still raw. And he's 26 y/o. Intriguing guy, tho. Could be a Sept callup, but I wouldnt expect him to get much playing time.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
                  since I posted this, he's gone 6 for 11 with 8 R, 3 HR, 7 RBI, 2 BB, 2 K, 1 SB. He's not on the Mariners' 40-man roster, so maybe he won't come up, but jeez.

Comment

You usually do an update about this time. Any previews?

J
                    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Dominic Smith of Mets, 1B, was Florida State Player of the Year. I had to cut him on June 15 - his 20th birthday, no less - because I couldn't even get a late second-round pick for him. their loss, and mine (I was maxed out of slots).
                      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                        You usually do an update about this time. Any previews?

J
                        Thanx for the response, J.

I can post a new list at any time but since it's almost the end of season I might as well wait until after it's over, unless someone needs it before then. But I can tell you some of the big movers since the last list.

A.J. Reed was the biggest mover, going from not on the list to #20. Quite a few others went from off the list to high up on it (Anthony Alford (#45), Victor Robles (#46), Anderson Espinoza (#47), Derek Fisher (#60), Richie Shaffer (#68), Max Kepler (#69), Michael Fulmer (#74), Francis Martes (#75)). Blake Snell, Jose De Leon and Brent Honeywell also made huge jumps (#130 to #31, #116 to #32, #131 to #53). Judge, Benintendi and Newcomb were other big risers ((#24, #30 and #42). Ruddy Giron and Jacob Nottingham are 2 others that you may have heard about that are now on the list.
                        Last edited by rhd; 09-07-2015, 02:55 PM.

Comment

So Judge's late season swoon doesn't concern you? Is it struggles with AAA or just fatigue?

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                            So Judge's late season swoon doesn't concern you? Is it struggles with AAA or just fatigue?
                            Thanx as always for the response, Sharky.

It doesnt concern me too much. It could be just fatigue or just a slump or just trouble getting used to a new level. BA ranked him #13 on their mid-season list, as did BP and Keith Law and Kiley had him #22 on his list. The Ks and the large strike zone remain a concern but the experts believe in him. And the way things look he'll get a chance at regular playing time in NY sometime next year.
                            Last edited by rhd; 09-08-2015, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rhd View Post
                              Thanx for the response, J.

I can post a new list at any time but since it's almost the end of season I might as well wait until after it's over, unless someone needs it before then. But I can tell you some of the big movers since the last list.

A.J. Reed was the biggest mover, going from not on the list to #20. Quite a few others went from off the list to high up on it (Anthony Alford (#45), Victor Robles (#46), Anderson Espinoza (#47), Derek Fisher (#60), Richie Shaffer (#68), Max Kepler (#69), Michael Fulmer (#74), Francis Martes (#75)). Blake Snell, Jose De Leon and Brent Honeywell also made huge jumps (#130 to #31, #116 to #32, #131 to #53). Judge, Benintendi and Newcomb were other big risers ((#24, #30 and #42). Ruddy Giron and Jacob Nottingham are 2 others that you may have heard about that are now on the list.
                              I was eyeing Sean Newcomb. I think I'll pick him up as a deep stash, even though no Java this year.

J
                              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                                I was eyeing Sean Newcomb. I think I'll pick him up as a deep stash, even though no Java this year.

J
                                Newcomb looks great. I think he should end up as a legit #2. Could be up as early as late next year.

Comment

Working...
                                X