Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RHD's Latest Top 150 Roto Prospects ("MLB Draft Day" Edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where would eddy Julio Martinez and Dansby Swanson slot in

Comment

Originally posted by FBP View Post
      Where would eddy Julio Martinez and Dansby Swanson slot in
      Thanx for the response, FBP.

SWanson is already on the list at #19 (currently #12).

Despite the high accolades MLB.com gave him, I have Martinez much farther down. Badler at BA said he would rank several recently available Cuban players above him.

Comment

I know it's hard to put 16 year old kids on such a list, but do you think Vladimir Guerrero, Jr. could be close to making your list?
        "Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes." Oscar Wilde
        "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." Gandhi
        WRL (AL-only) Champion (league started in 1997) - 1997, '98, 2000, '03, '08, '15, '16, '17
        PVRL (NL-only) Champion (league started in 1986)- 1993, 2004, '05, '06, '10, '11, '14, '16, '17

Comment

Originally posted by kawaise View Post
          I know it's hard to put 16 year old kids on such a list, but do you think Vladimir Guerrero, Jr. could be close to making your list?
          Thanx for the response, kawaise.

He actually is not far off the list. He'll probably stay there for awhile tho since he wont play in actual games until next year. And he probably wont be ranked on any other lists either until people see his in-game performance. So he probably wont make the list any time soon.

Comment

RHD, I know that you rightly discount catching prospects, because they rarely pan out, and when they do it usually take a few years in the majors. But what do you think of Jacob Nottingham? He's been raking, and he looks like a 1bman long term to me. I know he was way down on the Astros list most places now, but I would be surprised if he didn't rise a lot based on his performance this year. You think he could be a top 100 guy by year's end if he keeps hitting like he has?
            Last edited by Sour Masher; 07-14-2015, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
              RHD, I know that you rightly discount catching prospects, because they rarely pan out, and when they do it usually take a few years in the majors. But what do you think of Jacob Nottingham? He's been raking, and he looks like a 1bman long term to me. I know he was way down on the Astros list most places now, but I would be surprised if he didn't rise a lot based on his performance this year. You think he could be a top 100 guy by year's end if he keeps hitting like he has?
              Thanx for your response, Sour Masher.

Nottingham also is not too far off the list. He is raking and there's been a lot of hype about him lately. He was #71 on John Sickels' recent mid-year list. If he keeps performing and keeps getting talked up, he could be on the list soon.

Comment

Originally posted by rhd View Post
                Thanx for the response, FBP.

SWanson is already on the list at #19 (currently #12).

Despite the high accolades MLB.com gave him, I have Martinez much farther down. Badler at BA said he would rank several recently available Cuban players above him.
                It appears Badler is the only dissenter. both MLB and Kiley McDaniel of Fangraphs say he is an impact bat and McDaniel has him rated as the #1 international free agent. baseball prospectus has him as a 60 on an 80 point scale across the Board. IMHO he needs to be pushed up on your list.

Comment

Originally posted by FBP View Post
                  It appears Badler is the only dissenter. both MLB and Kiley McDaniel of Fangraphs say he is an impact bat and McDaniel has him rated as the #1 international free agent. baseball prospectus has him as a 60 on an 80 point scale across the Board. IMHO he needs to be pushed up on your list.
                  I love Kiley but I dont know anyone who seems to be more authoritative on Cuban players than Badler so until I hear otherwise I would value his opinion a little more. Actually, Kiley has Yadier Alvarez rated above Martinez and he already is on my list. Kiley indicates he projects to be an everyday player but not to be star-caliber. He says he's a plus runner, that there is some uncertainty about him sticking in CF, and that his game power projects to be about 12-15 HRs, which would be fringy for a corner. He says he's comparable to Rusney Castillo w less power. Castillo already is high on my list but he's already made MLB and is 8 years older whereas Martinez hasnt even signed yet. So, even going solely by Kiley's report I think there's too much uncertainty for me to put him on the list yet. Martinez actually is not too far off the list now but until I hear more he'll probably remain where he is.

Comment

59 Stephen Piscotty OF StL 1 60
                    I just picked up Piscotty. ESPN lists him as a 3B for some reason. Is that just ESPN being weird, or has he actually been playing 3B?
                    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                      I just picked up Piscotty. ESPN lists him as a 3B for some reason. Is that just ESPN being weird, or has he actually been playing 3B?
                      The former. http://www.baseball-reference.com/mi...fielding::none
                      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                        He played some 3b his first year. He played a little 1b last year. Rest in the of
                        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

You should put this into a google spreadsheet for people to use!

(as I cut and paste this into excel)
                          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                            You should put this into a google spreadsheet for people to use!

(as I cut and paste this into excel)
                            It is. Look at the link in the initial post. Let me know if it doesnt work.

Comment

Originally posted by rhd View Post
                              It is. Look at the link in the initial post. Let me know if it doesnt work.
                              oh, hey, it's even highlighted in blue to show me it's a link.

In other news... I'm not very bright.

Comment

Hey RHD,

I just picked up Franklyn Kilome SP PHI in both my MiLB drafts. I know the people on the phillies minors boards are excited about him. Is he getting any play yet in the national media? Poised for a move up the charts at year's end?

Comment

Working...
                                X