2015 Closers Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Msaint View Post
    If you had a free spot in your bullpen, would you prefer Tolleson or Ziegler ROS?
    I think I'd take Ziegler. Feliz could get the job back. So could Reed but in this case I just think Ziegler is a better pitcher and slightly more secure in the role.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
      I think I'd take Ziegler. Feliz could get the job back. So could Reed but in this case I just think Ziegler is a better pitcher and slightly more secure in the role.
      Thanks, JC. That's where I was leaning.
      12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
      1B-Cron
      2B- Villar
      SS- Andrus
      3B-Baez
      MI-L. Gurriel
      CI- Y.Gurriel
      OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
      UTIL- Benintendi
      BENCH: Pence, Dyson
      SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
      RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson
      IL: Buxton

Comment

• DBacks led 6-5, it was Reed in the 8th and Ziggy in the 9th
        both scoreless IP and a SV for Ziggy and his 2.53 career ERA
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

If you had a free spot in your bullpen, would you prefer Tolleson or Ziegler ROS?
          I don't think that Zeigler has the role, myself...it looks like Hale is going to really player the closer by committee card. Frankly, I think that Feliz is pretty much done, and that about 4-5 good appearances in a row can cinch the job (for a while) for Tolleson.
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Tolleson with save number 2 tonight...

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
              I don't think that Zeigler has the role, myself...it looks like Hale is going to really player the closer by committee card. Frankly, I think that Feliz is pretty much done, and that about 4-5 good appearances in a row can cinch the job (for a while) for Tolleson.
              I think Burgos only got the first chance in AZ because Ziegler was unavailable. But it's certainly possible that Tolleson holds the job longer. I don't think there's a huge difference between the 2 and I like Ziegler's skills better, crappy K rate notwithstanding.

Comment

• Ohlendorf with the save for TEX tonight, but he gave up a run in the process. Scheppers pitched the 8th but also gave up a run in the 10-9 win.

Comment

• I love how Rotoworld is so stunned that McGee didn't reclaim the closer job immediately upon his return.

"Jake McGee is back from the DL, but Rays manager Kevin Cash is still going to give Boxberger opportunities."

Duuhhh! He may just give him the whole freaking closer job if he hasn't already. I wonder if they even looked at Boxberger's numbers before writing that.

It's not like McGee was the closer for a long period of time. He held the job for all of 3 months. I know McGee has great numbers. But so does Boxberger. And closing jobs are sometimes more about opportunity. And Boxberger has run with his opportunity so far.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Team has already said they're not using McGee on consecutive nights out of the gate. That eliminates him from the closer role right now. I do expect that changes sometime over the summer

Comment

• Another save for Tolleson. Struck out the side on 13 pitches. Granted it was Jones, Young and Gregorius.....but still.....
                      Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

• Tolleson fourth save today. Seems to be running away with it. 30/4 K/BB, 21 1/3 innings.

Also, if Wade Davis isn't owned for some reason in your league, might be time to pounce. Holland looked bad today, velocity down and uncharacteristic control problems, maybe something's still not right there ?

C- J.McCann
                        1B-Cron
                        2B- Villar
                        SS- Andrus
                        3B-Baez
                        MI-L. Gurriel
                        CI- Y.Gurriel
                        UTIL- Benintendi

Comment

Tolleson fourth save today. Seems to be running away with it. 30/4 K/BB, 21 1/3 innings.
                          Plus, Feliz went to the DL, so he's out of the picture for a while.
                          Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                          We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                            Yeah, I lucked into a $1 Tolleson FAAB. So sad the Dodgers gave up on this kid - he was absolutely electric in the minors.
                            Hard to fault them when the kid had a pretty bad back injury followed up with a hip ailment. The Rangers were just the lucky ones who were able to give him a second chance at little to no cost.

Comment

• AZ Burgos to DL
                              if you looked close enough, he never was the closer
                              Ziegler keeps the gig for now
                              D-Hern in the on-deck circle at some pt, an odd team and Reed lurks

don't fall in love
                              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Tolleson with save #5. Looks pretty damn good, too.

Next in SEA? Farquhar to AAA. Some gentleman named Carson Smith, who apparently plays baseball for a living in Seattle, is prob. next....Maybe they kick the tires on R.Soriano?

C- J.McCann
                                1B-Cron
                                2B- Villar
                                SS- Andrus
                                3B-Baez
                                MI-L. Gurriel
                                CI- Y.Gurriel
                                UTIL- Benintendi

Comment

Working...
                                X