2K24: San Diego Padres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FBP View Post
    Not sure what to make of Lucchesi. His peripherals are solid and support his performances. He was also solid every stop in the minors. Rotowire and BBHQ are not sold and seem to suggest his bubble will burst. I have watched all of his starts and while not a professional evaluator, he seems to be the real deal. Thoughts?
    He's got an unusual delivery, which is going to get to hitters the 1st time they see him, IMO. Once he's around the league a time or two, I suspect that teams will adjust to him and he'll come back to earth. Most likely a back end starter, which isn't a bad thing in Petco...
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Radio hosts need to learn how to pronounce his name. It’s not Lu-Cheesy or Lu-Chessy. It’s Lu-Kaysi.

Comment

• Definitely not equating the two, but Lucchesi has some Kershawesque funkiness in his delivery. Have to think there was some influence there.

Comment

• Margot fucking sucks. Yeah yeah patience..blah blah blah!
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Padres' Franchy Cordero: Posting elite Statcast numbers
            by RotoWire Staff
            (3 hrs ago) Cordero is recording elite numbers in a variety of Statcast categories, the Padres' official site reports.
            The 23-year-old has a long list of accomplishments so far this season. His 489-foot home run Friday was the longest homer of the season so far. He's hit three balls harder than 115 mph this season, which ties him for second place with Aaron Judge and Joey Gallo, trailing only Giancarlo Stanton. He combines that elite power with equally elite speed, with a sprint speed of 29.4 feet per second that ranks ninth in the league. Despite those promising stats, there's still plenty of risk in Cordero's profile, as he holds a 41 percent strikeout rate through 40 career big-league games and gets on base at just a .277 clip. Still, that combination of power and speed should make Cordero a productive player even with major holes in his game.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
              Padres' Franchy Cordero: Posting elite Statcast numbers
              by RotoWire Staff
              (3 hrs ago) Cordero is recording elite numbers in a variety of Statcast categories, the Padres' official site reports.
              The 23-year-old has a long list of accomplishments so far this season. His 489-foot home run Friday was the longest homer of the season so far. He's hit three balls harder than 115 mph this season, which ties him for second place with Aaron Judge and Joey Gallo, trailing only Giancarlo Stanton. He combines that elite power with equally elite speed, with a sprint speed of 29.4 feet per second that ranks ninth in the league. Despite those promising stats, there's still plenty of risk in Cordero's profile, as he holds a 41 percent strikeout rate through 40 career big-league games and gets on base at just a .277 clip. Still, that combination of power and speed should make Cordero a productive player even with major holes in his game.
              I got this dude and those numbers are indeed eye-catching. Let's hope he can use those talents to be a solid contributor and not another toolsy player who can't quite fulfill that immense talent.
              "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                I got this dude and those numbers are indeed eye-catching. Let's hope he can use those talents to be a solid contributor and not another toolsy player who can't quite fulfill that immense talent.
                His upside is George Springer. His downside is the same as it is for anyone with an elevated K-rate.

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                  His upside is George Springer. His downside is the same as it is for anyone with an elevated K-rate.
                  I targeted and got him in the end game of our NL only 5x5. I worry a bit about his playing time this year.

He has huge potential...I hope. If he can be George Springer, I just need him to get there quicker than George did. It took Georgie awhile.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                    I targeted and got him in the end game of our NL only 5x5. I worry a bit about his playing time this year.

He has huge potential...I hope. If he can be George Springer, I just need him to get there quicker than George did. It took Georgie awhile.
                    I decided that Juan Soto, Cal Quantrill and Tyler Mahle were better MLEs than Cordero and shipped him off for a $2 Tyler Anderson rather than put him back into the auction and attempt to reacquire him. I have a bad feeling about how it's all going to end up. I guess we'll see.

Comment

If he can be George Springer, I just need him to get there quicker than George did. It took Georgie awhile.
                      If he can be George Springer you are set. We're talking about the same George Springer who hit 33 HR, scored 94 runs, and 81 RBI with 19 SB in his first 162 games, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                        If he can be George Springer you are set. We're talking about the same George Springer who hit 33 HR, scored 94 runs, and 81 RBI with 19 SB in his first 162 games, right?
                        We are talking about the same $15 first round reserve pick George Springer that sat on my rookie status team for 3 years then getting the call for 78 games in 2014 and then not getting full time abs due to a plethora of injuries but still playing pretty well over his 102 games in 2015 resulting in me needing to trade him to make a run then losing out in this year's auction for $33 arghhhhhhhhh!!

So yes I need Franchy to be Georgie just a bit faster (and less injury prone) than Georgie.

Comment

We are talking about the same $15 first round reserve pick George Springer that sat on my rookie status team for 3 years then getting the call for 78 games in 2014 and then not getting full time abs due to a plethora of injuries but still playing pretty well over his 102 games in 2015 resulting in me needing to trade him to make a run then losing out in this year's auction for $33 arghhhhhhhhh!!

So yes I need Franchy to be Georgie just a bit faster (and less injury prone) than Georgie.
                          I'm a little confused. Why are we comparing the fact that you purchased Springer in 2011 and waited 3 years to Frenchy who is already up?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                            I'm a little confused. Why are we comparing the fact that you purchased Springer in 2011 and waited 3 years to Frenchy who is already up?
                            Mostly just funin. Hence the long run on sentence with the arghhh at the end.

I did not suggest that Franchy could be Springer (but was delighted cavebird did).

I did target him with the hopes he could be a 20/20 player. Pumped I got him for a buck.

Comment

• Will Carlos Asuaje hold the starting job at this point and be productive? I was planning on keeping Adam Frazier at 2B over Asuaje at tonight's transaction deadline, but I'm (probably foolishly) rethinking after his HR and 4 RBI last night. Most projections show Frazier as the better fantasy play, though.

Comment

Mostly just funin. Hence the long run on sentence with the arghhh at the end.
                                Makes sense

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                                I did target him with the hopes he could be a 20/20 player. Pumped I got him for a buck.
                                Great value

Comment

Working...
                                X