2K24: San Diego Padres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revo View Post
    Dickerson just had a setback, no? Pirela also killed it in the minors -- I took a chance on him.
    Pirela has changed his stance, looking much better and now with Schimpf down for good, should be in line for some decent ABs. Dickerson has pain in his upper back, not supposed to be related to his original lower back injury, but you know backs--they're trickey.

Miguel Diaz is getting the chance to start ala Perdomo last season.

So there's a platoon for 3 positions on the Padres SS, 3b and LF. Pirela, Szczur, Spang, Cordoba and Aybar will all get time. Franchy should get CF all to himself seeing as how he's really the only true CF on the roster right now.

What a fun season, though getting the #1 pick is a nice consolation, but knowing the Padres, they'll go on a late run and end up picking 7th.......
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Thinking of going pretty high on my FAAB bid for Pirela - what's a reasonable projection assuming he gets another 250 PAs this year? Something like a .270 BA, 8 HR, 5 SB?

Comment

• Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
        Thinking of going pretty high on my FAAB bid for Pirela - what's a reasonable projection assuming he gets another 250 PAs this year? Something like a .270 BA, 8 HR, 5 SB?
        I don't see how...he's 27, a career minor leaguer with 67 career homers since 2007. The steals, maybe...
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
          I don't see how...he's 27, a career minor leaguer with 67 career homers since 2007. The steals, maybe...
          I realize it was the PCL but he had 13 homers(!) before his call-up. If GitH is right about the swing change we may have to take his previous output with a grain of salt.

Comment

• Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
            I realize it was the PCL but he had 13 homers(!) before his call-up. If GitH is right about the swing change we may have to take his previous output with a grain of salt.
            People said the same things about Taylor Motter a month and a half ago...he's hit under .200 for the last month with 1 homer. Major league pitchers tend to find the holes in a players game pretty quickly.
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Pirela, Triple shy of the cycle today..............Bid him up boys!
              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Dickerson might miss the season according to the Padres manager.......

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• So here's some stuff that might be of interest.

Solarte was placed on the DL today with an Oblique.

Miguel Diaz who was forced into the rotation strained his forearm today and will also be going to the DL.

Margot should be activated soon and retake his spot in CF.

Cordero, Pirela, Cordoba, Spang and Aybar will rotate through 3rd, 2nd, SS and LF with spot starts from Szczur and dÁrnaud.

Friedrich should be ready soon and Cahill not too far behind.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• GITH - greatly appreciate your updates.
                    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                      GITH - greatly appreciate your updates.
                      Back at you for your Playing time counselling....

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Asuaje and Hernandez activated/recalled Diaz and Solarte to the DL (asuaje is only up until they activate Margot which is expected sometime next week.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Dickerson to have surgery to remove a bulging disk in his back. he had it when he was a teenager, should effectively end his 2017 season.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Margot is back and starting, dÁrnaud to the paternity list ......someone will have to go soon.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                              Margot is back and starting, dÁrnaud to the paternity list ......someone will have to go soon.
                              I am going to say Szczur gets the pink slip.
                              After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                                I am going to say Szczur gets the pink slip.
                                I must agree with ya......he was given every chance to stick, failed to do so.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                                X