2K24: San Diego Padres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pitbull View Post
    Is Fernandez available is to be signed now? If they sign him sounds like a nice upgrade from what they have shown.
    He was declared a FA by MLB and can sign now, but he's going to hold a showcase by the end of the month. The Padres are apparently the favorite, but anything can happen.

BTW, if you can grab Cashner in a league, I'd make a move for him. I still think he'll be the Padres best arm by years end.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post

BTW, if you can grab Cashner in a league, I'd make a move for him. I still think he'll be the Padres best arm by years end.
      As someone who invested in Shields and Pomeranz, I hope you are wrong.

Comment

• Derek Norris is friggin' killing me....

Comment

• Spang to the DL, Weeks up. Should eventually take the starting gig from Amarista, who'll return to form soon enough. We may not see Spang in a Padre line up again.......
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• weeks is not very good defensively. Spangneburg should easily re-take the position when he retunrs

Comment

• This'll piss GITH off...

Eddie Matz
              ESPN Senior Writer

The always-entertaining Dusty Baker was in rare form prior to today's Nats/Twins game. Among his nuggets was this quip about young righty Joe Ross, the former first rounder that Washington acquired from the Padres, and who's 2-0 with a 0.54 ERA this season. "I don't really understand why San Diego gave him to us, but I appreciate it".
              Wait till he gets Turner in his lineup for a few weeks, he'll be sending flowers to preller on a daily basis...
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                This'll piss GITH off...

Wait till he gets Turner in his lineup for a few weeks, he'll be sending flowers to preller on a daily basis...
                Meh, first off Dusty doesn't even know what the trade was. They got Turner and Ross from the Rays for Souza. The Padres got Myers and Hannigan in the deal. Myers is doing fine, I love Ross but the Padres needed Myers more than two prospects. I hope they do great and baker should send his flowers to Tampa.

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                  That trade looked awesome for the Nationals at the time. It looks like downright robbery now.

The Nationals received Joe Ross and Trea Turner from the Padres, not the Rays.

Yeah, not sure what GITH is referring to here.

December 19, 2014: Souza traded as part of a 3-team trade by the Washington Nationals with Travis Ott (minors) to the Tampa Bay Rays. The San Diego Padres sent Jake Bauers (minors), Rene Rivera and Burch Smith to the Tampa Bay Rays. The San Diego Padres sent a player to be named later and Joe Ross to the Washington Nationals. The Tampa Bay Rays sent Jose Castillo (minors), Gerardo Reyes (minors), Ryan Hanigan and Wil Myers to the San Diego Padres. The San Diego Padres sent Trea Turner (June 14, 2015) to the Washington Nationals to complete the trade.

It's interesting that Myers is the 'get' in two of the worst trades of the last decade.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                    Yeah, not sure what GITH is referring to here.

December 19, 2014: Souza traded as part of a 3-team trade by the Washington Nationals with Travis Ott (minors) to the Tampa Bay Rays. The San Diego Padres sent Jake Bauers (minors), Rene Rivera and Burch Smith to the Tampa Bay Rays. The San Diego Padres sent a player to be named later and Joe Ross to the Washington Nationals. The Tampa Bay Rays sent Jose Castillo (minors), Gerardo Reyes (minors), Ryan Hanigan and Wil Myers to the San Diego Padres. The San Diego Padres sent Trea Turner (June 14, 2015) to the Washington Nationals to complete the trade.

It's interesting that Myers is the 'get' in two of the worst trades of the last decade.
                    It's a three way deal, the Pads give up Ross and Turner, who end up in Washington. Doesn't really matter the mechanism, the Pads dealt them and the Nats get them. Simply highway robbery...and Dusty know enough about the trade to be really happy now, he'll be positively giddy when Turner gets there.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• Troll someone else.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hodor View Post
                        Troll someone else.
                        You like to use that word, but im not sure you know what it means. They arent taking cheapshots. They are just pointing out a mistake. Dont get so butthurt

Comment

• Troll someone else

Comment

Troll someone else.
                            You respond too well...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                              You respond too well...
                              It's wise to remember your antagonists techniques.

Comment

It's wise to remember your antagonists techniques.
                                Hmmmm, Sun Tsu...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                                X