No announcement yet.

2K24: San Diego Padres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I should add that I would rather have someone else spend $$$ on Myers. He really shouldn't go more than $10-15. Injured two years in row, poor contact, poor stats in my book makes him risky.

Comment

• Padres released Casey Janssen.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
        Padres released Casey Janssen.
        Was just going to comment on this.

He was doing well, but i looks like the Pads are keeping Quack on the roster and with Mauer and possibly Pomeranz (whom is also being looked at as the 5th starter) there was just no room.

It's also looking more and more like Hedges will be optioned if there's no trade of Norris as he has all of his options left.

Myers with another bomb today--wrist looks fine--for now.
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Padres talking to Mariners about sending them a RH relief arm, Vincent, Quack or Edwards

I could see them claiming Montero and making that kind of deal.
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• If a player is on outright waivers and is claimed, the claiming team doesn't send anything back to the team that put the player on waivers, other than the $20,000 fee for the claim.
            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
              If a player is on outright waivers and is claimed, the claiming team doesn't send anything back to the team that put the player on waivers, other than the $20,000 fee for the claim.

I think I was thinking about the trade deadline when teams place players on waivers.

Does he have to stay on the MLB roster? or can he be sent to AAA?

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• If a player is out of options, he has to pass through outright waivers (i.e., no team claims him) in order to be sent to the minors. If a team claims him and then wants to send him to the minors, they would need to pass him through outright waivers again in order to do so.

It's helpful (at least was to me) to remember that waivers = permission. Teams don't really "put a player on waivers", they request waivers from the other teams to make some sort of assignment of the player to another team. If that other team is in the minors, then they are requesting permission for an outright assignment, i.e., "outright waivers". If that other team is in the majors, then they are requesting permission for a trade, i.e., "trade waivers", which only applies from August to the end of the season. If the other 29 teams grant permission, then the player "passes through waivers." If one of the other 29 teams makes a claim, that means they refused to waive their rights to claim the player instead of allowing the requested transaction to proceed.
                "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Assuming it's someone currently with the organization, who is considered the Padres SS of the future Rondon, Guerra, Giron?
                  Some people say winning isn't everything. I say those people never won anything.

Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it's still on the list.

Some people are like Slinkies, they are not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

"...relentless inevitability of Yankee glory." - The Onion

Comment

• Originally posted by TopChuckie View Post
                    Assuming it's someone currently with the organization, who is considered the Padres SS of the future Rondon, Guerra, Giron?
                    Guerra

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Another trade. Prelude to a speculated Sandoval/Shields deal (probably not)?

Dennis Lin ‏@sdutdennislin 5 minutes ago

Source: Padres are trading Erik Kratz to Houston for Dan Straily. @EvanDrellich first mentioned Straily in deal.

Comment

• Padres are scouting Sandoval, chatter is Shields for Sandoval+

Sounds lunatic, but you know--Preller.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Davros View Post
                          Another trade. Prelude to a speculated Sandoval/Shields deal (probably not)?
                          Just saw this, nice to know I'm not the only one who's hearing this

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                            Padres are scouting Sandoval, chatter is Shields for Sandoval+

Could be, but it really depends on the "plus". It's probably coincidental, but this talk and scouting started right after Owens got pushed further down the depth charts.
                            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                              Padres are scouting Sandoval, chatter is Shields for Sandoval+

I don't understand this deal for the Pads....
                              "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• As a Padre fan, neither do I. Exchange of bad contracts? Will Red Sox throw in cash? I really question whether AJ Preller is over his head. Best skill set as a minor league evaluator? Perhaps an example of the Peter Principal.

Comment

Working...
                                X