No announcement yet.

2k15 Offseason Transaction Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man, how dull are NL leagues going to be next year?

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
      Part of the deal to get Cole Hamels.
      You are right. Hanley just signed 4 years $88M.

Now that makes some players available for a good package to get Hamels. Although I doubt Xander will be included.

Comment

kyle seager extended for 7/100.
        "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Dodgers acquire the recently DFA'd Juan Nicasio from the Rockies for a PTBNL or cash.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
            You are right. Hanley just signed 4 years $88M.

Now that makes some players available for a good package to get Hamels. Although I doubt Xander will be included.
            I don't see how they avoid it. The Phils will want Xander and a top flight P (probably Owens) as the starting point. I think they'll take two lesser prospects - say, a 3B and Bradley, for example. But they know Rollins is done soon and will look to build elsewhere with dealing Hamels.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
              I don't see how they avoid it. The Phils will want Xander and a top flight P (probably Owens) as the starting point. I think they'll take two lesser prospects - say, a 3B and Bradley, for example. But they know Rollins is done soon and will look to build elsewhere with dealing Hamels.
              Xander, Owens and Bradley for Hamels would do it for me if I'm on either side of the deal.

Comment

Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal View Post
                Xander, Owens and Bradley for Hamels would do it for me if I'm on either side of the deal.
                I disagree. Strongly. Hamels has some value but he doesn't have a ton at the salary he's locked into for the next four years. Plus he's got tons of mileage on that arm. No way is a pitcher who's paid basically at value worth a haul including a premier young shortstop, a very good pitching prospect, and more. At most, I think the Phils could get Owens, Bradley, and some lesser guys out of the Red Sox. But Amaro made his bed by giving out outlandish longterm deals paying guys at or above their value, and now he's going to pay the price when trying to get trade value back. If the Red Sox are willing to pay a pitcher $22.5 million per year, they'll just go out and get Lester back. Or they can use their surplus outfielders for lesser pitchers (which seems the most likely). The Hamels to Boston for Xander rumors are insane, though. It's not gonna happen. In a fantasy league? Maybe that deal you stated happens. But in the real world where the salaries are a huge component, it's just silliness to think Hamels would be worth that haul.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodhizefa View Post
                  I disagree. Strongly. Hamels has some value but he doesn't have a ton at the salary he's locked into for the next four years. Plus he's got tons of mileage on that arm. No way is a pitcher who's paid basically at value worth a haul including a premier young shortstop, a very good pitching prospect, and more. At most, I think the Phils could get Owens, Bradley, and some lesser guys out of the Red Sox. But Amaro made his bed by giving out outlandish longterm deals paying guys at or above their value, and now he's going to pay the price when trying to get trade value back. If the Red Sox are willing to pay a pitcher $22.5 million per year, they'll just go out and get Lester back. Or they can use their surplus outfielders for lesser pitchers (which seems the most likely). The Hamels to Boston for Xander rumors are insane, though. It's not gonna happen. In a fantasy league? Maybe that deal you stated happens. But in the real world where the salaries are a huge component, it's just silliness to think Hamels would be worth that haul.
                  So, do you think that they will offer their prospects for a Harvey type?

Comment

What if the Phillies agree to pay a good portion of Hamels contract?

Comment

A key factor to consider is that he's signed for only four years compared to 5+ years that the top free agent pitchers will command.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                        A key factor to consider is that he's signed for only four years compared to 5+ years that the top free agent pitchers will command.
                        I wouldn't say that it's a key factor. It gives him a bit more value, so it's a small factor, but with baseball so flush with cash at the moment, I think it's pretty easy to see that a team like the Red Sox has risk to burn. 1 or more extra years for a free agent pitcher is absolutely worth it, even at free agent prices, over trading a premier young hitter for a pitcher paid at value. If the Phillies pick up more than half of the contract, it's possibly worth it. But in my mind (and probably theirs), the Phillies would likely have to cover at least three quarters of Hamels' contract to even bring Bogaerts into the conversation. And even then, it's unlikely.

Comment

Originally posted by mgwiz22 View Post
                          So, do you think that they will offer their prospects for a Harvey type?
                          I think a Bogaerts+Owens+Bradley for Matt Harvey type is a hell of a lot more likely than a similar package for Hamels unless the Phillies are picking up an insane portion of Hamels' contract.

Comment

I think a Bogaerts+Owens+Bradley for Matt Harvey type is a hell of a lot more likely than a similar package for Hamels unless the Phillies are picking up an insane portion of Hamels' contract.
                            Perhaps more likely, in theory. But practically speaking, what comparable "Matt Harvey type" alternatives are actually available?

Comment

Non-Tender Day!

Players not tendered a 2015 contract so far:
                              Brandon Beachy
                              Kris Medlen
                              Scott Carroll

Comment

Mets non-tender Eric Young Jr.

Comment

Working...
                                X