Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eldiablo505
    Blue Jays trade Anthony Gose to Tigers for Devon Travis

Travis may be a decent 2B guy down the road. Line drive hitter in the Placido Polanco mold. Not very much power but good batting skills and adequate enough defense to stick.
    The Tigers need a CF but I do not think Gose is the answer. On a team that already struggles hitting the ball for long stretches of time, Gose seems to be another guy who won't hit with any regularity. My guess is he platoons. This may be the Tigers attempt at filling a whole on the cheap (financially), but did they really fill a hole? Travis was allegedly their #1 prospect (Per BBA). I do not like the deal from their perspective.
    Its not what you've got. Its what you give.
    Its not the life you choose. Its the life you live--TESLA

Princess Kate-Kate Marie Hrischuk 9/12/00-1/27/07

Comment

Originally posted by Vecmizer View Post
      The Tigers need a CF but I do not think Gose is the answer. On a team that already struggles hitting the ball for long stretches of time, Gose seems to be another guy who won't hit with any regularity. My guess is he platoons. This may be the Tigers attempt at filling a whole on the cheap (financially), but did they really fill a hole? Travis was allegedly their #1 prospect (Per BBA). I do not like the deal from their perspective.
      I agree, though of course am looking at it from a Jays perspective. We fill a dire need for a young, relatively solid 2B - hits for decent avg, doesn't strike out much, is solid though not spectacular defensively. Maybe he can turn into Howie Kendrick. And while Gose may start occassionally, he's not the kind of guy you build around ... decent defense, good speed, but has trouble getting on base. Good move for the Jays.

This likely opens the door for Pompey to claim CF in the spring, barring any further moves.
      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

per Rotoworld

Cubs acquired INF Tommy La Stella and international signing bonus slot #4 from the Braves for RHP Arodys Vizcaino and Cubs international signing bonus slots #2, #3 and #4.

Comment

Rosenthal reporting Cubs seem to be closing on on a 4-year, $64M deal for Russell Martin

Comment

3 years, 15mil for Zach Duke to the White Sox. Honestly I really think he's a good reliever and this seems like a good deal for them. Better than paying Boone Logan 3 years/16.5mil, that's for sure.

Comment

Red Sox claim Juan Francisco off waivers from Toronto

Comment

Dodgers acquired RHP Joel Peralta and LHP Adam Liberatore from the Rays in exchange for RHPs Jose Dominguez and Greg Harris

Pirates DFA Ike Davis

Rays DFA Jose Molina

Comment

Ike Davis traded to Oakland for an international signing slot

Comment

Why trade for Davis?

Comment

Originally posted by mgwiz22 View Post
                      Why trade for Davis?
                      Many DFA'd players are traded before they have to clear waivers. I guess the A's thought he might get claimed and wanted to assure they'd get him. If they're not planning on signing any int'l players, they really didn't give anything up.

Comment

Wow the Red Sox have signed Sandoval to a 5 year $100M contract and are about to sign H. Ramirez to 5 at $90M.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                          Wow the Red Sox have signed Sandoval to a 5 year $100M contract and are about to sign H. Ramirez to 5 at $90M.
                          Where does this leave Xander Bogaerts?
                          Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Originally posted by Piney Boy View Post
                            I don't believe the Sox view Hanley as a SS, and if they do sign both, it's likely he'll be in LF.

Comment

Originally posted by Piney Boy View Post
                              Part of the deal to get Cole Hamels.
                              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Lots of action (and mixed reactions) in Boston today.
                                Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Working...
                                X