Exceelent Music You've Heard Lately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
    Indeed! Coincidentally I was listening to Dig It! (1962) by Red Garland Quintet w/Coltrane when I clicked the link.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• The Eagles have added country singer Vince Gill to their touring group along with Glenn Frey's son Deacon. Gill does a great job on this song which starts at 1:53 of the video.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• This video is no longer available because the YouTube account associated with this video has been terminated.
        "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
          This video is no longer available because the YouTube account associated with this video has been terminated.
          Wow, that was quick. The Eagles video police are as diligent as the Prince video police. Damn, that was the best version too. The other one's are filmed through binoculars with audio from a tape recorder and do the song no justice. But they leave that crap alone. I will have to look for another high quality version. Nothing but the best for you guys.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
            Wow, that was quick. The Eagles video police are as diligent as the Prince video police. Damn, that was the best version too. The other one's are filmed through binoculars with audio from a tape recorder and do the song no justice. But they leave that crap alone. I will have to look for another high quality version. Nothing but the best for you guys.
            Apparently not as you keep posting the Eagles with Vince Gill!
            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Sorry, wrong thread.
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                Sorry, wrong thread.
                LOL. I was just thinking: Is it really right to post concert videos from a nearly-half-a-century-old band in a thread ostensibly devoted to new music we've heard lately?

(Apologies to anyone who has just recently become aware of the Eagles and their music )
                "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

• Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
                  LOL. I was just thinking: Is it really right to post concert videos from a nearly-half-a-century-old band in a thread ostensibly devoted to new music we've heard lately?

(Apologies to anyone who has just recently become aware of the Eagles and their music )
                  The word "new" is not in the title of this thread.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                    Apparently not as you keep posting the Eagles with Vince Gill!

― Albert Einstein

Comment

The word "new" is not in the title of this thread.
                      In that case, I object on grounds of exceelence.

Just kidding, bud. Post whatever you like.
                      "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                      "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."

Comment

In that case, I object on grounds of exceelence.

Just kidding, bud. Post whatever you like.
                        I will admit that excellence is very subjective. Plus, somebody has to represent us mellowed out old-timers here.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I will admit that excellence is very subjective. Plus, somebody has to represent us mellowed out old-timers here.
                          I don't really hate the Eagles. I've just heard the hits - especially Hotel California - enough for one lifetime. I don't like Glenn Frey at all, musically or personally, but I like some of the other guys. Don Henley is a terrific singer, Joe Walsh is a great guitarist, and I still like some of the songs that didn't feature Glenn Frey (I Can't Tell You Why, Take It To The Limit, In The City).

Comment

Hey man, take it easy...
                            "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
                              Hey man, take it easy...
                              Jackson Browne, on the other hand, should be stripped naked, bound, doused with honey, and covered head to toe with fire ants.

Comment

I don't really hate the Eagles. I've just heard the hits - especially Hotel California - enough for one lifetime. I don't like Glenn Frey at all, musically or personally, but I like some of the other guys. Don Henley is a terrific singer, Joe Walsh is a great guitarist, and I still like some of the songs that didn't feature Glenn Frey (I Can't Tell You Why, Take It To The Limit, In The City).
                                I dont like the Henley songs as much as the Frey songs except of course Hotel. My favorite Eagles songs are probably Take It Easy, Already Gone, and Hotel. Yes, kind of tired of it but I rarely listen to oldies/classic rock so I dont hear it that much anymore.

Comment

Working...
                                X