No announcement yet.

Exceelent Music You've Heard Lately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got tickets to see Beth Hart & Kenny Wayne Shepard in July so i am stoked!
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• These guys have a familiar sound. And it's a great sound.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• This song sounds like it could be a lost album track from Led Zeppelin I:

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those ... moments will be lost in time, like tears...in rain. Time to die.

Comment

• Originally posted by [echo] View Post
              Hair metal has shrunk down to a microscopic scene, but there's still a few limping along, playing county fairs and whatnot... Sebastian Bach is playing my town soon, my city never forgot hair metal... or was it Bret Michaels?.. hmm, they're both yearly shows 'round here. There's even a local campus radio show called "Lipstick and Leather" that plays entirely hair metal, and he digs deep into the recesses of the most obscure hair metal icons' side projects and whatnot... love listening to his passion talking about and interviewing old washed up hair metal dudes.

:metalhorns:
              Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• i wouldn't categorize Savatage as Hair metal.. but i grew up with this.. i graduated HS in 1988.. the height of Metal.. it was a glorious time.

when the likes of Poison (CC DeVille specifically), Girls school, Britney Fox, ect.. flooded the market as it were, Matal was poised for a fall.. and in staggered Kurt Cobain and the rest of the un-washed Seattle scene and it was forever crushed.
                I miss the old days.. listen to Hair Nation and the Boneyard on XM Radio.. i still try to get to shows..

there are a couple of bands that are current that i like
                Motionless in White, In this Moment, Lords of Black

the new Priest release is spectacular, as is Iced Earth, with Stu Block on vocals
                it really is

WASP is touring!...
                I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those ... moments will be lost in time, like tears...in rain. Time to die.

Comment

• SAVATAGE Edge Of Thorns, i knew that song.

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                    I used to think they quit making them like this. The Struts are proving me wrong.

Speaking of hair metal bands. The Struts had one of the best debut albums in 2016 that i've heard in years. Really looking forward to their next album.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Lionel Richie the best selling motown artist Commodores - Lady (You Bring Me Up)

Comment

• that is not the 3 times a lady song crap, it's a different one.

and after further review.. hair band songs are really bad. seriously. i was as much as a hair band guy as anyone. i almost bought leather pants once. and i don't even own a motorcycle. the music is now embarrassing to me. it breaks my heart because i have a stake in it. but i have to admit a lot of it is bad.

Comment

• Deadpool 2 had so many great songs in it, from hilarious to kick butt to melancholy. I can't get Aha's Unplugged "Take On Me" out of my head. I'm a sucker for upbeat 80s pop stripped of the happy to reveal the somberness of the lyrics. This one is right up on that list, and the fact that it is a redo from the original group is an added bonus:

Last edited by Sour Masher; 05-18-2018, 10:40 PM.

Comment

• Here's one that's sure to piss off the debate club. Everyone else enjoy!

(song begins @ 1:12) Taylor Hawkins (Foo Fighters)& Luke Spiller (The Struts) on vocals

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• I'pm surprised I haven't seen Childish Gambino's "This is America" posted here, given that it is a great song and one with a lot of symbolism that ties with the gun violence and inequality discussions in other threads:

Comment

• anyone else see this? very cool ...

Lost John Coltrane Recording From 1963 Will Be Released at Last

Originally posted by NYT
                                “Both Directions at Once: The Lost Album” was cut by the saxophonist’s classic quartet two years before “A Love Supreme.” Then it was stashed away.
                                It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Working...
                                X