No announcement yet.

Griswold plays baseball - Part Deux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah, that was one of the rules I'd never heard of. Count starts 1-1, and you're only allowed one foul ball with two strikes.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Our co-ed league starts with 1-1 count and if you foul 3rd strike, you are out. No extra fouls in this league. There are more walks and strikeouts than I have ever seen.

Comment

Here's a new update:

I still can't buy a hit!

0-3 AGAIN!

Played centerfield most of the game and had no errors and caught 3 balls.

Comment

image.jpg so much for my cat like reflexes

Comment

Originally posted by griswold View Post
            Here's a new update:

I still can't buy a hit!

0-3 AGAIN!

Played centerfield most of the game and had no errors and caught 3 balls.
            You weren't playing against this person:

were you?

Comment

Originally posted by hacko View Post
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]535[/ATTACH] so much for my cat like reflexes
              Let us know when you see a cool picture in the bruise.

oh, and ouch.

Comment

So, last night was possibly the worst night of the year....

My 9-year old nephew, who is really good at baseball, came to the game with my sister and her husband.

To say the least, I embarrassed myself badly.

1-4 with 2 K's at the plate and two errors at 3B.

When I saw him after the game, I told him, "I worked very hard to show how NOT to play baseball!"

He laughed and told me, "You can't be great every game, Uncle Bob"....I think his Mom told him to say that.

Anyways....we lost 16-6 (10 run ruled) to this team. They're 10-1 and we're 1-10.

Hey, just my disappointment.

Gris

Comment

Then to compound it all, you only got a C from Yahoo!

PMA Gris ... you'll come good.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                    Then to compound it all, you only got a C from Yahoo!

PMA Gris ... you'll come good.
                    I hear ya....a rough day indeed!

Comment

• Well, this could be my last game of the season tonight....it's a playoff game...kinda....

Our 2-13 team is playing the 4th place team at 3-12.

Winner goes against the 1st place team who is 12-3 (and 10-run ruled us in every game this past season).

We are playing at the Kent State University Stadium.....not exactly sure why though....since we played all year at Munson Stadium in Canton.

Anyways....I'll update tonight or tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by griswold View Post
                        Well, this could be my last game of the season tonight....it's a playoff game...kinda....

Our 2-13 team is playing the 4th place team at 3-12.

Winner goes against the 1st place team who is 12-3 (and 10-run ruled us in every game this past season).

We are playing at the Kent State University Stadium.....not exactly sure why though....since we played all year at Munson Stadium in Canton.

Anyways....I'll update tonight or tomorrow.
                        Good luck to you guys!
                        14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
                        RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
                        WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
                        TE: Olsen (NA)
                        K: Lutz (7)
                        DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

Comment

• Originally posted by jwlincy View Post
                          Good luck to you guys!
                          Thanks...it worked!

First off the stadium was astroturf. Not the newer, softer stuff....the older (thin carpet on thick cement) style. Even the area around the bases were brown "fake dirt" astroturf. I didn't slide...ever.

The field is huge....deep centerfield is 417 feet!

Anyways, this was definitely my best overall game of the year....my buddy (buckeye1) said I was saving it for the playoffs....lol

Anyways, I played left field all game...no errors, four put-outs.

BUT...offensively, I went 2 for 5 with 2 stolen bases.....but the hit of the game came in the top of the 7th.

Game tied 8-8....buckeye1 walks and I come to the plate next.

And on the first pitch....it all came together....perfect pitch to hit, perfect swing and BOOM!

I crushed the ball to deep centerfield! The centerfielder just turn and ran.

The ball hit the ground and rolled all the way to the fence at the 417 ft. mark!

I may have gotten an inside-the-park HR, but buckeye1 is a little slow.

Anyways, I drove in a run and easily stood at 3B with a triple!

I scored on the next batter and we went up 10-8.

We won 12-8 and now play the 1st place team tonight.

Even if we lose tonight, that one hit made my season!

Comment

• nice!

how do you get a SB and not slide though???
                            "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

• Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
                              nice!

how do you get a SB and not slide though???
                              Honestly, I got a really good jump on the pitcher and by the time the ball got there, I was already on the base.

Comment

• And the last game is in the books....

We played the 12-3 team and was only down 2-0 in the 4th inn.

And as usual, we imploded...and gave up 7 runs in the 5th.

We were down 10-0 in the top of the 7th and we needed to score at least 1 run to not be run-ruled.

I led off with a single up the middle, stole 2nd and scored on a single.

We scored 3 runs that inning and took them to the 9th inning before we lost 10-3.

I was 1-3 with a walk, SB and 2 runs scored.

I played left field with no errors and 7 put-outs (it was a busy night).

The season is over and now as I reflect....it was a lot like my golf game.

It was fun and frustrating at the same time! lol

I loved the competition and I loved having the ability to compete and stay healthy.

Thanks for those of you who followed my quest this summer.

NEXT UP....Cleveland Indians Fantasy Camp in Goodyear, Arizona (Jan 17-24)!!!! Woohoo!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X