Griswold plays baseball - Part Deux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
    i think he assumes you played all three off your cup...
    He didn't ask that...now did he?

Comment

I am betting your wife considers every game where you dont get hurt a victory

Comment

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
        Actually, after last year's incident, so do I.

Comment

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
          i had really great tickets one game for the phillies... up in the wives' section right behind home plate. The met's wives were actually behind me. At some point Hubie Brooks gets hit by a pitch. He's laying on the ground, most of the stadium is being respectful, hushed and hoping he's okay. His wife (SO?) is about 3 rows behind me and she's bitching... "Great, just great, he's going to be whining about his back all night now, asking me to do things for him and get him stuff, something's always hurt and I'm always having to do his stuff."
          '
          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
            It depends...where were the balls hit,
            I know this one. Canton, Ohio.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
              I know this one. Canton, Ohio.
              We have a winner!

Game #2 is tonight...weather permitting.

Comment

Originally posted by griswold View Post

Game #2 is tonight...leather permitting.
                sounds kinky

Comment

Originally posted by Midnight Otter View Post
                  sounds kinky
                  Oh it is....and the leather did not permit....so no game tonight.

Comment

Game #2

So, after my personal hitting coach (aka, my 9 yr old nephew) reprimanded me for my batting stance, I made his suggested adjustments and had these results:

Good news.....

I went 2 for 3 with 2 singles and a run scored. The first hit would have been a double if the fat guy in front of me was a little faster.

Even the only out was a well hit line drive close enough to the 2B for him to make a nice catch.

So, after 2 weeks of play.....YTD stats: Batting Avg: .333 (2-6) Runs scored: 1

Defensively, I played 3B, and made a couple stops on some hard grounders that even the other team yelled, "Nice stop". No errors.

Bad news.....

My team got killed 17-5. Our pitching is weak.

But, once again, it was a beautiful night and I had no significant injuries. Woot!

Game #3 is next Tuesday.

Comment

Am I the only one who sees a new post in here from Griz, and as you click on the link you are wondering "did he get injured last night?" Every time.
                      Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Pogues View Post
                        Am I the only one who sees a new post in here from Griz, and as you click on the link you are wondering "did he get injured last night?" Every time.

yep, that's what I keep expecting
                        "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Well, at least I made it past the second game this year....lol

Comment

Update:

Game #3

Good news.....

Played great defensively at 2B and 3B.

Bad news.....

I went 0-3 with 2 K's again....ugh....not sure what happened after the last game.

But, once again, it was a beautiful night and I had no significant injuries. Woot!

Game #4

Good news.....

I went 1-3 in this game. Hit the ball much better. No K's.

Played good defensively at 2B and 3B.

Bad news.....

Team got shut out 5-0.....we are now 0-4 for the season.

No significant injuries. Woot!

So, after 4 weeks of play.....YTD stats: Batting Avg: .250 (3-12) Runs scored: 1

Game #5 is tonight.

Comment

I say a little prayer before opening it each time.
                              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Better than a NASCAR race. Good luck going into Turn 5, Gris.

Comment

Working...
                                X