No announcement yet.

2014 dead pool draft signup/discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's up with Julian Casablancas? Is he ill? Is he a trainwreck? Or is it a "he's a douchebag and this is wishful thinking" pick?
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

As your connection is to John Boehner, DQ, so is mine to Ted Cruz. He was a year ahead of me at Princeton. I knew who he was because he was on the top debate team, but aside from debating he kept a pretty low profile and didn't socialize.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
        As your connection is to John Boehner, DQ, so is mine to Ted Cruz. He was a year ahead of me at Princeton. I knew who he was because he was on the top debate team, but aside from debating he kept a pretty low profile and didn't socialize.
        Boehner was ultra-low-profile. He didn't participate in anything, probably because he was working all the time (he made his money after graduation, on his own, doing alright for a bar owner's kid). He's four years older than me and IIRC spent two years in the Navy, so he took six years to get his degree.

In fact, I was involved in campus politics and he wasn't, which tells you something about how relevant campus politics are in one's future life.
        -----------------------------------
        Here's an interesting statistic, perhaps not meaningful but interesting--Through 101 picks, I count only 17 women.
        -----------------------------------
        Stephen--I thought about taking Papa Douglas, but if he passes, it would be very few points, and besides, I like him. Other than Her Majesty, I've taken people for whom I don't have much regard.
        Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
        -- William James

Comment

frakking Sharon couldn't live one more week after being in a coma for 8 years and on my roster three times!
          "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Scott Hall was under consideration for my last pick. I don't know wrestlers very well, but I know that guy is a train wreck.

Comment

Scott Hall is a train wreck, but he's apparently been working with Dallas Page and Jake Roberts in this program that Page created that really got Jake Roberts back on track. Who knows if it'll "fix him", but it was enough to make me not take a 3rd wrestler myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                frakking Sharon couldn't live one more week after being in a coma for 8 years and on my roster three times!
                Yep. Odd that he's been a perennial draftee in this thing and then finally dies in the short window where no one gets any points for it.

Comment

Mae Young has passed away at the age of 90. For real this time.

Comment

I think for next year we need to enforce a simple rule: the deceased should have an obit run in a major newspaper. That would disqualify a lot of these Z-List "celebrities."

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                      I think for next year we need to enforce a simple rule: the deceased should have an obit run in a major newspaper. That would disqualify a lot of these Z-List "celebrities."
                      So we retroactively disqualify people if their obit doesn't run in a major newspaper? Or we have to predict that beforehand? I'm not keeping track of that shit. Total pain in the ass either way.

Comment

• http://www.wwe.com/inside/mae-young-passes-at-90

Comment

• Near miss? He blew just a .011 but I'm sure they'll get him on the weed and meds.

International pop star Justin Bieber was released Thursday afternoon after he was arrested on Miami Beach for DUI and drag-racing early Thursday morning.
                          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Working...
                          X