2014 dead pool draft signup/discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 dead pool draft signup/discussion thread

Please indicate your interest here ASAP. I hope to get this going in the first week of January.

Rules:

Points = 100-age.

+15 for "1st Death", +15 for "Last Death"

No drafting anyone currently hospitalized with a terminal illness. Terminal illness but not in the hospital is OK. In the hospital but not with a terminal illness is OK.

If your person dies during the draft, no points, repick.

Picks must be "notable" other than for death pool positioning. At the very least they should have an English-language Wikipedia page for a reason other than being famous for illness (e.g. Terri Schiavo).

If someone wishes to protest a pick, please state the nature of your objection. If the picker does not agree with the objection, the pick will be put to a vote of drafters.

This draft must move quickly lest too many picks die before it's over. Therefore there will be a two-hour clock on weekdays and a four-hour clock on weekends. The clock will run from 9 AM to 9 PM Eastern time. If you are going to be unavailable, please PM your choices to someone else, or tell us that we can skip you.

Draft will be 12 rounds. However, points for all picks made in the first 10 rounds will be awarded starting at the end of the 10th round.

There has been some discussion as to whether to change the scoring system and/or the eligibility requirements. Please see the comments in this thread, starting on page 9: http://forum.rotojunkiefix.com/showt...g-thread/page9

Please weigh in on those topics, as I don't want to make any changes based on the opinions of only one or two people.

Confirmed to participate:

Erik
    Fresno Bob
    DMT
    Hacko
    Don Quixote
    SeaDogStat
    Griswold
    Revo
    Stephen
    Last edited by Erik; 01-07-2014, 08:08 PM.
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

In, and fine with the rules as is
    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
      In, and fine with the rules as is
      Ditto
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
        Ditto
        Double ditto

Comment

I'm in. If nothing else, I want to break my streak of having all my picks make it through the year.
          Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
          -- William James

Comment

In...
            I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
            You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
            "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
            It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

I'm in...thanks!

Comment

In. Too bad Hugo Chavez had to go ahead and die.....

Comment

Bump.

A few days ago I PM'd everyone who participated in the 2012 and/or 2013 drafts, so all of the usual suspects are aware. I'd like to get rolling tomorrow or Friday.

Comment

Seems people aren't dieing to get into this draft....
                    Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

[redacted]
                      Last edited by Erik; 01-02-2014, 01:00 PM.

Comment

I have no scruples. I'll do it.

ADD MY NAME TO THAT LIST IN RANDOM ORDER!

Comment

Can someone please PM the numbers 1 through 9 in random order.

Can someone else please PM me the following names in random order:

Erik
                          Fresno Bob
                          DMT
                          Hacko
                          Don Quixote
                          SeaDogStat
                          Griswold
                          Revo
                          Stephen

Comment

I'll do the numbers. Sending now.

Comment

Im out this year guys. I dont think I have ever scored a point in these things. Which is probably a good thing for those I drafted.....
                              It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
                              Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

Working...
                              X