No announcement yet.

*** Post-1979 Album Draft - Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm going to start my lobbying early for a 2-round extension; 25 just makes more sense than 23.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• While i had heard of the Misfits since the 80's I never listened to them..until the last 20 minutes...gotta say I dig them..remind of the Ramones..
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
        Some albums I would have liked in my list:
        Rain Dogs
        Nebraska
        London Calling
        The Pretenders
        Making Movies
        Some albums that Controller would have liked on his list that I would have liked on my list:
        Rain Dogs
        Nebraska
        London Calling

Comment

• Just listened to a few tunes from the Wilco album..pretty good.....i'm putting this album on the list of future purchases..
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
            Yeah, while many here have taken bands I've heard of but never listened to, him and Foot (surprisingly enough) have taken the most of artists I never knew existed.
            I'm being strict with the 'entire album has to be good from start to finish' concept, instead of just remembering the one or two big songs. So I'm delving into more esoteric areas. Plus I take nothing but British bands who got zero airplay here, and if I don't take British bands I take fucking French or German ones. The Beastie Boys are my only American pick so far, and if they weren't from NY I probably wouldn't have taken them.

I can go with this draft for a while... my draft list is just mildly dented. I count 52 albums left on my list, and I think only 20 or so are potential picks by you guys.
            One martini, two martini, three martini, floor.

Comment

• Lemonheads + Skulls = WTF?
              Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Nice pick on the Green Day choice.

Comment

• Can't recall the last time I listened to Nimrod ... I enjoyed that record back in the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                    First time hearing that Tricky song but it reminded of another classic trip-hop album that I played quite a bit in college.
                    Dummy was the album I was referring to, nice pick.
                    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Comment

• So I'm listening to Dummy and wanted to show my daughter what a theremin was...found this awesome video. I've never heard someone play one so melodically.

- Terence McKenna

Comment

• That's brilliant ... only on Youtube.

Comment

• Surprised it took this long for Superunknown to go. I had it in my "high" tier but I like Badmotorfinger (slightly) better.
                          Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                          We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• I was going to take Dummy with my next pick
                            "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• I had Diesel and Dust in my "low" tier, not only because the Oils have been kind of forgotten about in the US after Peter Garrett went full-time into politics, but also because the Oils' 80s and 90s output is exceptional and deep. Diesel and Dust is their most popular album, but it's one of several that can be considered their best.
                              Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                              We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• I'm really glad someone took a Los Lobos record because I'm not certain I'll have room. If I do, I haven't even decided which one because they are deeeep.
                                - Terence McKenna

Comment

Working...
                                X