No announcement yet.

*** Post-1979 Album Draft - Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never cared much did Kids, but do like Natural One.
    Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• To all the Bowie haters, ha! Let's Dance was the other album on my list, as was In Step. Great picks Revo!
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Damnit Mith...just when it was beginning to become painfully obvious yours and my music tastes don't even run on the same tracks, you make a pick that crashes our two tastes together head on.

I love that album...not quite there to make my lists, but some excellent songs on it. Stay is a beautiful song, Feed the Tree one of those good memories songs. I also like Someone to Die For off that album along with the others you mentioned.

I'd rank it #1 of albums by all-female bands in the 1990s.
          Last edited by Pogues; 12-12-2013, 11:16 PM.
          Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogues View Post
            Damnit Mith...just when it was beginning to become painfully obvious yours and my music tastes don't even run on the same tracks, you make a pick that crashes our two tastes together head on.

I love that album...not quite there to make my lists, but some excellent songs on it. Stay is a beautiful song, Feed the Tree one of those good memories songs. I also like Someone to Die For off that album along with the others you mentioned.

Obviously as a huge Throwing Muses fan Belly were high on my list also. But not high enough to get selected with only 25 rounds I think.

There are some terrific acoustic versions of those Belly songs online.

Comment

• I just watched This Is Spinal Tap last night!
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• one of the better WTF moments on SNL

gee I wonder where Nirvana got the rhythm guitar idea

Comment

• Wow...now Devo being taken this late...that's a surprise. Can't say I'm surprised it was Foot taking them.

Comment

Damnit Mith...just when it was beginning to become painfully obvious yours and my music tastes don't even run on the same tracks, you make a pick that crashes our two tastes together head on.

No love for Gaelic Storm?
                    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• You guys probably all know this, but Robert Cray was Otis Day's bass player in Animal House. On the right:

When you were in Animal House, did you think that was your big break?
                      No. That was filmed, I think, in '76 or '77. I was living in Eugene, Oregon, and some lady asked me if I wanted to be in a film. It was after a gig was over at this club, and I sarcastically said, "Yeah, right." And she took my information and a couple months down the line, she called me. Nobody knew what it was. We weren't told the working title of the film.

It was cool being on a movie set and stuff, and seeing a lot of locals in the area being picked up to be extras as well. And I'm going to go into this story: We had the Cray Band, and there was a local group called the Nighthawks with Curtis Salgado, a singer-harmonica player. We had a splinter group, and we called it the Cray-Hawks. And on Monday nights, we would play at the Eugene Hotel. Curtis was the harmonica player-singer who wore Ray-Bans.

One night John Belushi came in, and people were saying to Curtis, "John Belushi's in the audience." And Curtis is going, "Who's John Belushi?" Because we always worked on Saturday nights. So eventually, Belushi came on and did his Joe Cocker impersonation. He sat in with the band.

You hadn't ever heard that before?
                      No.

What'd you think?
                      I thought it was kind of stupid. But he was a nice guy.

(Cray goes on to tell the story of how Belushi got the whole Blues Brothers idea from that band).
                      One martini, two martini, three martini, floor.

Comment

Wow...now Devo being taken this late...that's a surprise. Can't say I'm surprised it was Foot taking them.
                        You are all basically ceding me anything with a synthesizer and a drum machine! I let 'Violator' go for 20 rounds (because I was too synth-heavy) before someone took it!
                        One martini, two martini, three martini, floor.

Comment

Wow...now Devo being taken this late...that's a surprise. Can't say I'm surprised it was Foot taking them.
                          I would have taken that album much earlier.
                          I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Here's something interesting: 2 Pac - Rap Phenomenon 2

It's from 2003. Three DJs took Tupac Shakur vocals and mixed them with various other songs.

people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Those are some manly looking girls...

I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• I went ahead and skipped Erik and took Joan Armatrading.

In the extremely unlikely scenario that she was his pick, I'll repick.

Erik - can you PM Diablo when you make your pick?

Comment

Working...
                                X