*** Post-1979 Album Draft - Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
    I like their 90's stuff as well. But it'll be one of their first 3 releases if I pick a Throwing Muses record.

It's weird that I feel slightly less inclined to pick a lesser known band as long as they are represented. TM are one of the bands I put on my "must-have" list pre-draft.

Problem is I have a massive list and only 4 more picks, and 1 of them has been reserved since round 1.
    You realize you only have 3 more picks...right?
    Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
      I'm hoping you, Erik, or DMT will give The Violet Burning a dedicated listen and validate my love of this record. If I can't get one of you guys to recognize its greatness, I may just have to give up all hope of ever convincing anyone.
      Hey!! What about me? I like 4 of those groups you listed...
      Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogues View Post
        I've been trying to figure out what it is that I desire in music, exactly. I have completely given up, deciding that i simply like whatever sounds good to me. There is no particular beat, no technical mumbo-jumbo,...I do connect with some songs emotionally, but I like way too many songs to say it is simply that.
        This.
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

You realize you only have 3 more picks...right?
          I guess not

Comment

I guess not
            How is it you do so well in vintage drafts, exactly?

Comment

• Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
              I'm hoping you, Erik, or DMT will give The Violet Burning a dedicated listen and validate my love of this record. If I can't get one of you guys to recognize its greatness, I may just have to give up all hope of ever convincing anyone.
              I liked what I heard
              "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

How is it you do so well in vintage drafts, exactly?
                I wish I had an answer so I could bottle it and sell it. I'm busy cleaning up the throw-ball Liz Hurley League, and I don't have a clue about throw-ball ... I don't even know what the hell a tight-end does. I'm guessing he stands at the end of the off the line of fat guys and keeps it tight?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                  I liked what I heard
                  Well this is awkward ... I'm afraid that was for me, Erik and DMT

Comment

I wish I had an answer so I could bottle it and sell it. I'm busy cleaning up the throw-ball Liz Hurley League, and I don't have a clue about throw-ball ... I don't even know what the hell a tight-end does. I'm guessing he stands at the end of the off the line of fat guys and keeps it tight?
                    Sort of, actually. He stands at the end of the line of fat guys and either stays where they are and blocks or goes out for a pass.
                    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Some tight ends aspire to be wide receivers someday. Not all, just some.

Comment

• I listened to most of the posted Violet Burning tracks. I wasn't annoyed by it...

It reminds me a lot of early Smashing Pumpkins, without the Corgan whiny voice. Which isn't a good thing, because I don't really care much for the earliest Pumpkins stuff. It's decent music to have in the background, but nothing I can see I'd become a fan of. It is better than most grunge though!

Comment

• "A first release date after 1980 or before 2000 in either the USA or UK is acceptable."

So, does that include an album that was released before 2000 in the UK, and after 1980 in the US...?
                          people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Before I forget, I wanted to post this for Johnny: Colourbox's failed World Cup Theme entry from 1986 (they submitted it too late!):

One martini, two martini, three martini, floor.

Comment

• I have just listened to 3 Jellyfish songs and found them quite enjoyable. Will add them to the list of albums to further investigate.
                              "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• ElD, I have a Mercyful Fate CD that i enjoy listening to once in a great while. I have it on the shelf right next to Amy Grant's CD's hoping that some of her good Christian vibes will sway the King over from the dark side!!

Comment

Working...
                                X