No announcement yet.

*** Post-1979 Album Draft - Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disinitegration was the one reason I nearly didn't take Kiss Me Kiss Me Kiss Me with my last set of picks, figuring it would fall further. Guess I was wrong on that one.

When Jagged Little Pill came out, I had pretty much no interest in it. I completely ignored it after hearing a few songs...not saying they were bad, just not my cup of tea at the time.

At that time. I borrowed it from the library over the summer, and loved it so much I nearly put it on my draft lists. I decided to be realistic, and knew it would go long before I'd get around to picking it.
    Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogues View Post
      Disinitegration was the one reason I nearly didn't take Kiss Me Kiss Me Kiss Me with my last set of picks, figuring it would fall further. Guess I was wrong on that one.
      I thought Disintegration would be the first Cure record to go. Another I didn't bother to put on my main list because I wouldn't pick it early enough.

Comment

• We've barely touched early 80s new wave/punk. Not many of the big MTV pop acts either. Or hip-hop (3 so far if you count the Beasties).
        One martini, two martini, three martini, floor.

Comment

• Originally posted by ManCalledFoot View Post
          We've barely touched early 80s new wave/punk. Not many of the big MTV pop acts either. Or hip-hop (3 so far if you count the Beasties).
          I'll be picking at least 1 hip hop album. I'm also surprised we haven't seen more 80's punk / post-punk given the regular discussions in the Exceelent Music thread. Not surprised we haven't seen many New Wave acts yet ... but I'm sure we will later.

Comment

• I have "Time Out of Mind", but i have never listened to it. Not even sure when or how i got it.
            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
              I have "Time Out of Mind", but i have never listened to it. Not even sure when or how i got it.
              "Hello everyone. My name is Mithrandir, and I'm a shoplifter"

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                "Hello everyone. My name is Mithrandir, and I'm a shoplifter"
                Hahahaha!!

I think i got it from the auction across the street from my house...
                "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• I would've liked to have had Nebraska and 13 Songs.
                  people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
                    I would've liked to have had Nebraska and 13 Songs.
                    13 Songs was on my list, but I wouldn't have done that to Diablo.

Suggestion is my favourite track from that record. So epic!

Comment

I thought Disintegration would be the first Cure record to go. Another I didn't bother to put on my main list because I wouldn't pick it early enough.
                      Disintegration is the Cure album I would have taken first as well
                      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• The South Park kid would have taken it #1 overall

people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Comment

• Thoughts from listening to some recommended songs from recent picks:

Frank Black -- shut off whatever song was posted after 30 seconds
                            Air/Moon Safari -- made it through all of 'Remember,' which honestly wasn't that bad. But 'ell, if that's gonna get picked, maybe I should bump up Gary Numan.
                            Bob Dylan -- I'm a mild Dylan fan. 'Time Out of Mind' was not bad, but I guess if you hear Dylan mumble through one song, you've heard them all.
                            The Cure -- I've been going through a recent phase of liking music I didn't care for as a teen (namely New Wave and Poser-metal), and The Cure has been at the top of my list. Good tunes, 'Pictures of You' will be an add.
                            The Cult - -my college roommate loved The Cult, but don't think I ever heard Phoenix. Good tune.
                            TMBG - 'Birdhouse in Your Soul' is a great tune, also an add. Never got into them, but 'Istanbul, Not Constantinople' is atop the most played song of mine on iTunes. They kinda remind me of the Barenaked Ladies.
                            Jesus & Mary Chain - didn't think I would care for Foot's recommended song 'Never Understand,' but it wasn't bad. I'll give it another listen.
                            NIN - No.Interest.None.

Comment

With The Cure, NIN, and The Verve in tow, I might be one Sisters Of Mercy pick away from joining this crew...
                              "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                              "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                              "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

• I have a Fugazi cassette...listened to it quite a bit when i first bought it..haven't listened to it in over 20 years..

Comment

Working...
                                X