*** Post-1979 Album Draft - Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
    For some reason I don't go back to Beck as often as I should, and when I do, it's usually Sea Change (2002), not his 90's stuff. Another 90's act I probably OD'd on. It was funny seeing Beck and Bjork winning every other Best Male and Best Female category award.
    I think Guero is his best album
    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• but this is the best Beck song

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
        I think Guero is his best album
        I don't know if it's his best, but it's his most listenable, and the one I go back to the most often.
        Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• I have to leave at 3 Eastern and will be unavailable for most of the rest of the day. If Sheep hasn't posted his pick by then, I am posting mine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik View Post
            I have to leave at 3 Eastern and will be unavailable for most of the rest of the day. If Sheep hasn't posted his pick by then, I am posting mine.
            You're up in 20 minutes in any case

Comment

• I too prefer Fear of a Black Planet to Nation of Millions, mostly for the reasons Sheep stated.

Comment

• I looked at The Jam a bunch of times but couldnt come up with a solid album - many singles - compilations are tremendous but too much filler in each album and also a lot was in the 70s

Comment

• I just don't get the Beck love. But that's less chances of someone taking one of my albums.
                  Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Undertow was on my list, great album.
                    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• The Tool picks reminds me to post this awesome video of a bunch of school kids doing "46 & 2" (Ænima) ... this has been doing the rounds the last month or so:

Comment

• Here's another by the same kids / school ... is this the Prog-Alt-Metal School of Performing Arts or something ...

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                          Undertow was on my list, great album.
                          Undertow was not on mine, but I do own an LP copy.
                          Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• ... and especially for Diablo & DMT

Comment

• Determined to finish the work I should have done last week ... put on my comfortable pants, coffee on tap, loaded up 3 of my shortlisted records, shutting all redundant webpages ... determined to finish.

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                                I sent a PM to Swampy letting him know he's up but I'm pretty sure we can skip pretty liberally at this point. So, skip away, whoever!
                                Yeah, he'll be skipped in 20 minutes in any case.

Comment

Working...
                                X