*** Post-1979 Album Draft - Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
    My wife asked "what's the scoring system?" And when I told her there was none, she said, "You are an idiot."
    thats great

Comment

West is the best
      "If I got to choose a coast I got to choose the east. I live out there, so don't go there."

-B.I.G-

Comment

My wife asked "what's the scoring system?" And when I told her there was none, she said, "You are an idiot."
        I just read your post to my wife. Her comment..."I agree."
        Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Dookie -- Tremendous fun, and still their best IMO. Longview continues to be a worm in my ear to this day.
          Sublime -- The merits of the music aside, I associate them with fratboy douches, and thus never gave them much consideration beyond their hits. Too much other stuff out there.
          Kraftwerk -- Not the kind of stuff I listen to regularly, but cool as shit.
          Uprising -- Bob being Bob. Could You Be Loved is probably my favorite song of his.
          Urban Hymns -- As with OK Computer, I find this record totally brilliant but extremely dense, something that takes an effort to appreciate. So, I haven't listened to it in a long time.
          The Chronic -- See Kraftwerk.
          Ritual -- There was nothing quite like Jane's back in the day. I find Ritual a little uneven, but if we had a '90s song draft, "Three Days" might be third on my list after Smells Like Teen Spirit and Jesus Christ Pose.
          Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
          We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• 3.12 until the first Elvis Costello pick ... I'm shocked. He gets so much love around here, I was convinced he'd be a 1st rounder.

Comment

• There isn't a consensus about Costello albums -- different stripes of fanboy have different preferences. There are 4 or 5 of his that make a legit case for being the first of his to be picked. So, depth = no urgency.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik View Post
                There isn't a consensus about Costello albums -- different stripes of fanboy have different preferences. There are 4 or 5 of his that make a legit case for being the first of his to be picked. So, depth = no urgency.
                agreed but that one is MY favorite - you guys still have plenty to pick from

Comment

There isn't a consensus about Costello albums -- different stripes of fanboy have different preferences. There are 4 or 5 of his that make a legit case for being the first of his to be picked. So, depth = no urgency.
                  I thought the same thing about REM ... then Round 1 ... bang bang bang.

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                    It's actually not the "best" Jane's album, imo, but it's easily the most meaningful for me. I prefer another album to that one but I came across Ritual first and it was life changing. I then went back to all the others after discovering Ritual.
                    There are several bands where that kind of thing was the case for me. I know the feeling.

Comment

• I go to dinner and come back to some great picks and commentary. Every pick was on my list. Ritual and Chronic were pretty high up. I took Chronic in the soul/funk/r&b draft. Tell your wives this is our book club.
                      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• I figured all the Pixies records would be drafted ... now I'm sure of it. The other 3 records get unfairly dis'ed because they aren't Doolittle or Surfer Rosa. That's a ridiculously unfair criteria to judge something.

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                          I love Sublime. Another band that really defined a whole sound and blazed some trails (and two joints in the morning, of course.)
                          Agreed, it always surprises me when people express antipathy towards them.
                          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                          - Terence McKenna

Comment

• I think El Diablo is starting to work from my list...Ritual was a painful loss.

But in truth I kind of feigned pain at Surfer Rosa and Doolittle being taken. It sucked, but not really, because Trompe le Monde was still available...which is my favorite.

And now it's not. Crap on a cracker. Pick up once I figure out what the hell to take.
                            Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogues View Post
                              I think El Diablo is starting to work from my list...Ritual was a painful loss.

But in truth I kind of feigned pain at Surfer Rosa and Doolittle being taken. It sucked, but not really, because Trompe le Monde was still available...which is my favorite.

And now it's not. Crap on a cracker. Pick up once I figure out what the hell to take.
                              Not-quite-instant-but-relatively-quick-karma.
                              - Terence McKenna

Comment

Uprising -- Bob being Bob. Could You Be Loved is probably my favorite song of his.
                                Ritual -- There was nothing quite like Jane's back in the day. I find Ritual a little uneven, but if we had a '90s song draft, "Three Days" might be third on my list after Smells Like Teen Spirit and Jesus Christ Pose.
                                Agreed, both songs are among my all-time favorites.
                                - Terence McKenna

Comment

Working...
                                X