Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 picks ... we suck up this end!

Comment

• Erik is gone...anyone want to take a list from me?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lucky View Post
        Erik is gone...anyone want to take a list from me?
        I'll take it.

Comment

• On the way.

I probably could just post it here, though, since I'm 98% sure nobody will pick any of them anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lucky View Post
            Over here, the ACT is basically a college placement test, covering Science, Reading, Math and English. There are a total of 185 or so questions. It appears that Robert missed four of them. He had two 36s, a 35 and a 34, for a composite of 35. According to Wiki, his percentile would be 99.7%. So far, he has resisted my suggestion to take it a second time.
            Wow! That's great!

Sorry, dad, but I can't blame him for not wanting to retake.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Judgement Night Soundtrack - Rockin. Don't think I've heard any of those songs before, or the movie for that matter. First half better than the second half ... or maybe just a bit too samey by the time I got to the second half.

The Dukes of Stratosphear - Psonic Psunspot - I'm guessing Of Montreal have this record stashed somewhere. Really liked about half the tracks, and skipped the other half ... skipped the really derivative 60's psychedelic style songs ... a lot of that stuff hasn't aged particularly well for me.

X - More Fun In The New World - Not as heavy as I expected, especially Youtubing around after listening the The Dead Kennedy's last night. Not heavy at all in fact ... more Buddy Holly than Black Flag. I had them pegged as a Hardcore band not a pop-punk outfit. Nice. I'll keep it on repeat for a while and see what sticks: True Love, Breathless, I See Red (I See Red is my favourite so far ... early Arctic Monkeys?)

The riff in "I See Red" was deja vu'ing me ... similar to a cracking little Arctic Monkey's b-side:

VRS

... which is from an EP the Arctic Monkey's released after their first record ("Who The Fuck Are The Arctic Monkeys").
              Last edited by johnnya24; 11-15-2013, 09:29 PM.

Comment

• It's been an interesting draft for me - I've been passing on a lot of albums from bands that spread too thin (or had some of their best stuff on singles), in favor of albums I like front to back.
                people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
                  It's been an interesting draft for me - I've been passing on a lot of albums from bands that spread too thin (or had some of their best stuff on singles), in favor of albums I like front to back.
                  seconded

Comment

• Tidal ... was that 1996? Damn! Was sure that was around 2000/1 ... listened to it a lot with an ex around that time. Totally forgot about that record. Nice pick.

Been meaning to pick up her latest record The Idler Wheel (2012) which really well reviewed.

... which reminds me of a way to lighten up my playlist.

Comment

• I like early XTC. "Generals & majors" was one of my favorite songs as a 10-yr old.

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                        I really dug that Fiona Apple album. Plus I crushed on her relatively hard when I first saw her --- normally I don't dig the junkie look but she looked pretty sexy doing it. Haven't even seen or heard from her in 15 years though.
                        i believe you are up Eld.
                        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                          I really dug that Fiona Apple album. Plus I crushed on her relatively hard when I first saw her --- normally I don't dig the junkie look but she looked pretty sexy doing it. Haven't even seen or heard from her in 15 years though.
                          The Idler Wheel was regarded as one of the best records of 2012 ... I haven't heard it yet. Form Wiki:

The album earned a nomination at the 55th Grammy Awards for Best Alternative Album. The album was named the best album of 2012 by Time Magazine, Stereogum, Spinner, and NPR Music's Fresh Air. It ranked at number 2 on the lists of Consequence of Sound and Entertainment Weekly, number 3 on the lists of USA Today and Pitchfork Media, number 4 on Paste,number 5 in Rolling Stone, number 10 on Idolator, number sixteen in Spin, number seventeen on American Songwriter and Filter, and appeared on NPR's unnumbered list.

Comment

• Do you know who I am?

Well ya ain't Fiona Apple, and it ya ain't Fiona Apple, I don't give a rat's ass!
                            Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                            We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
                              It's been an interesting draft for me - I've been passing on a lot of albums from bands that spread too thin (or had some of their best stuff on singles), in favor of albums I like front to back.
                              I've been focusing on an entire album experience...some of my favorite songs I'm not even thinking about drafting the albums they appeared on because the album isn't a great beginning to end listen for me.
                              Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• And....Operation Ivy is now off the board.

I missed out on them...didn't realize they only ever had one album.
                                Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Working...
                                X