No announcement yet.

*** Post-1979 Album Draft - Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd like to cast a vote in favor of Sonic Youth. Not my favorite band, but any means, but I like them well enough.
    Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• They're not good at songs. I like songs.
      Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
      We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
        Like Ween songs?

Nah, seriously though, I get you. The thing that gets me about Sonic Youth (but honestly I could say it about a lot of music from that genre) is that it just drones on and on. I'm sure that's how my music sounds to others, though.
        You know what doesn't drone on and on? Amy Grant.

Comment

• Come on...let's finish this before Christmas!!
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
            Come on...let's finish this before Christmas!!
            looking for holiday gift giving ideas?

Comment

• Testing, 1 2, testing 1 2. Is this thing on?

Comment

• Who is up?

Comment

• Mith broke the draft thread...fucker.

I posted who is skipped, up, and on deck. I think Revo could pick anytime, considering Lucky's fun.
                  Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogues View Post
                    Mith broke the draft thread...fucker.

I posted who is skipped, up, and on deck. I think Revo could pick anytime, considering Lucky's fun.
                    Thanks ... skip Lucky ... Revo's up.

Comment

• Hey the Stones made it, lol. 'Tattoo You' was clearly the choice. I might go solo Beatles just to throw them a bone.

We're out of gas and rolling across the finish line, plus I've been concentrating on my 2013 Best Of. I still have about 20 albums on my draft list, but it's time. I'm itching to discuss why certain things weren't picked.
                      One martini, two martini, three martini, floor.

Comment

• Tattoo You was on my list, but more for "it deserves to be picked" than "I want to pick it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik View Post
                          Tattoo You was on my list, but more for "it deserves to be picked" than "I want to pick it."
                          It was such the "frat boy" music in college - when 867-5309 wasnt playing or loverboy or REO Speedwagon or Michael Stanley Band (Griz would get the reference) or Bruuuuuuuuce or Billy Joel etc

Comment

• I like the "Supernatural" pick
                            "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                              I like the "Supernatural" pick
                              I like most of the songs that don't have Rob Thomas singing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik View Post
                                Tattoo You was on my list, but more for "it deserves to be picked" than "I want to pick it."
                                Tattoo You was my "Waaaaaaah, my first girlfriend broke up with me" album. Lotta teen angst tied up in that one.

It would have made the jump from "good album" to "great album" if they could have come up with two better songs than Black Limousine and Neighbors. Or just left them off the record.

Slave would have been better as an instrumental.

I really like Side 2; Worried About You is my favorite song:

"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                                "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                                "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Working...
                                X