No announcement yet.

REM Draft Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

9.01. Living Well is the Best Revenge. Accelerate. 2008.

"Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

9.02 Lotus (Up, 1998)

When we saw them in Seattle, they opened the show with "Lotus", and for whatever reason they cranked the tempo way faster than the studio version. It had tons of energy. I like the song still, but I've never been able to find a version with that fast tempo since. I have a boot of the show, but it's not great quality. Anyway, I like Peter Buck's guitar work, and still think it is a good opener show opener. A different sound, but a pretty good one. Good Stipedancing.

Comment

Skipping FB one more time.

LRP, masterpieces, you know the drill.

9.04 Flowers of Guatemala (Life's Rich Pageant, 1986)

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Screw it. Maybe nobody else likes this song. But it's definitely top 10 for me, maybe top 5, even if it's a cover. So, as Lucky says, I'm putting a ring on it.

9.05 Pale Blue Eyes, Dead Letter Office

Here's a kick ass live version, but the studio version on DLO is also amazing:

Comment

After these two, I'll have 9 songs, so I'm back to one pick per round going forward.

9.06a Little America, Reckoning

"Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
            "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

Another one that I can't (and can) believe is still here in Round 9.

9.06b Strange, Document

Last edited by Long John; 04-24-2013, 08:59 AM.
              "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
              "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

9.07 UBerlin, Collapse Into Now

Last edited by johnnya24; 04-24-2013, 11:50 AM.

Comment

9.08 All the Way to Reno (You're Gonna Be a Star), Reveal

An enjoyable music video for All the Way to Reno.
                  Last edited by Pogues; 04-24-2013, 04:15 PM.
                  Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

9.09 Green Grow the Rushes, Fables of the Reconstruction

If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• 9.10 Supernatural Superserious, Accelerate

Comment

• Sheep's 6 hours are up ... Stephen Up.

Comment

• 10.02 Sweetness Follows, Automatic for the People

Comment

• 10.03 Laughing, Murmur

If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• johnny and Lucky will be proud of me...

9.11 - Walk Unafraid (Up)

Try this version, Pogues - the Up tracks are definitely more lively in concert.

"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                              "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                              "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

• 10.01 - Untitled (Green)

Remember the secret hidden bonus track rage in the late 80's/ early 90's? It felt like we were all getting something special, didn't it? Until everybody did it.

As for the untitled song on Green, I always liked this weird, skittering track - I thought it effectively closed out the record. Berry on guitar, Buck on drums, Mills delivering another awesome co-vocal, and Stipe offering a warm and heartfelt lead.

"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                                "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                                "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Working...
                                X