• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will post videos later

Give me Near Wild Heaven and PM Erik

Comment

Picked out of turn ...

Skipped a beat when I saw the cover of New Adventure pop up there. New Test Leper is a Top 5 REM song for me, and one of Michael Stipe's greatest lyrics. Another tour de force bass line from Mr Mike Mills.

5.06 New Test Leper (New Adventures in Hi-Fi, 1996)

Comment

5.07 Bad Day, In Time: The Best of R.E.M. 1988-2003

Three days ago I had never heard this song. Cramming for the draft I heard this and instantly loved it. And now that I just watched the video, loving it more!
        Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

5.08 Catapult, Murmur

If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

5.09 Pop Song 89, Green

Comment

5.11 Shaking Through (Murmur)

"Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
              "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

Discuss: Why do critics hate Out Of Time?

OK, it opens with a failed genre-crossing experiment that makes you cringe a little. Fine, I'll stipulate that. But after you track past that one, what's not to like? I think this record is fantastic - a sonic pop feast. On first listen, I was blown away by how sucessfully they were able to stretch their classic sound into something that was at once completely different, yet still somehow familiar.

Anyway, these are my two favorite songs from Out Of Time (when I'm not in a mopey Country Feedback mood)...

5.10 - Belong (Out Of Time)

"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

6.01 - Me In Honey (Out Of Time)

Check out this concert clip, with Mike Mills flawlessly nailing the Kate Pierson vocal part. Have I mentioned that I love Mike Mills?

"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                  "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                  "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

6.02 Pilgrimage, Murmur

Comment

4.10. Auctioneer (Another Engine). Fables of the Reconstruction. 1985

Last edited by bryanbutler; 04-22-2013, 12:38 AM.
                      "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

5.01 Fireplace. Document. 1987.

vids to be added later.

ETA: hell - nothing on Fireplace videos. nada. not only on youtube. i must be the only person on the planet that likes it ...
                        Last edited by bryanbutler; 04-22-2013, 12:49 AM.
                        "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

We're back on track ...

Stephen, who is not Steve is up

Comment

Stephen, who is not Steve picked before Bryan, who is not Brian, so DMT who is in fact DMT is up.

Comment

5.03 Life and How to Live It, Fables of the Reconstruction
                              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

6.04 Low, Out of Time

I'm not sure if I should be surpised that this hasn't been taken yet, or if it makes sense. Out of Time is quickly running out of tracks. I did have to dip my toe back into familiarity with this pick.
                                Last edited by Pogues; 04-22-2013, 07:34 AM.
                                Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Working...
                                X