• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joncarlos Up

Long John On Deck

Comment

• 11.05 Crazy, Dead Letter Office

Tough choice between a few songs, but I'm swayed by Sheep's "album" concept and this pairs well with Stand.

Comment

• Damn. I had Wake Up Bomb and Lightnin Hopkins on my short list.

11.07 Circus Envy, Monster

I do like the Monster album for the most part, so I needed something from it. This is a cool live version from 95.
        "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
        "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

• Since it's unbelievably still hanging out there, gonna change tact and take:

11.07 Time After Time (Annelise) (Reckoning)

... this is a great clip:

Comment

• 11.08 Wanderlust, Around the Sun

I very nearly took a different song from this album. I am sure you can guess which one.
            Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• 11.09 Strange Currencies, Monster

If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• 11.10 She Just Wants to Be, Reveal

Great live version:

Comment

• 11.11 - Letter Never Sent (Reckoning)

"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                  "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                  "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

• 12.01 - Wendell Gee (Fables Of The Reconstruction)

"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                    "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                    "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

• 12.02 I Wanted To Be Wrong, Around the Sun

Comment

• 12.03 Undertow, New Adventures in Hi-Fi

Figured I should have at least 1 post-Monster song.
                        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• 12.04 The Outsiders, Around the Sun

This video has my last two picks from a concert in 2004.

Hell with it... another "featuring" selection.
                          Last edited by Pogues; 04-26-2013, 10:28 PM.
                          Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• I still have more than 10 songs on my list. I have to pick this one.

12.05 Leaving New York, Around The Sun

Comment

• Thanks for letting me jump in on this. While I really wanted something from Dead Letter Office as my last pick, there's no way this song can go undrafted. This was the Bill Berry song I was referring to a few rounds back. The only reason I resisted it this long was because I didn't want to take a 3rd song from Murmur. Oh well, so be it. The three-part harmony on this is fantastic.

12.06 West of the Fields, Murmur

I also found a video that talks about the meaning behind this song. Apparently, Stipe was living in New Orleans when he was 20 and would walk near the Elysian Fields (and consequently come across some manner of trouble there).

Stephen, please use the Live in Toronto version of this on the Murmur Extended Edition for Spotify.
                              "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
                              "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

• Would have picked Leaving NY. Skip me, I'll pick tomorrow

Comment

Working...
                                X