REM Draft Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7.08 We Walk, Murmur

I officially have no idea anymore...except I know I like this song. This video was just someone's silly project, but I enjoyed watching Monty Python while listening to REM.
    Last edited by Pogues; 04-23-2013, 09:01 AM.
    Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

7.10 Carnival of Sorts (Box Cars), Chronic Town

If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

7.10 World Leader Pretend, Green

Comment

7.10 - Harborcoat (Reckoning)

Even if you've heard this song a million times, you have to watch this concert clip from 1985. The Stipedancing is priceless...

"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
          "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
          "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Another one from the "How is it still here?" file...

8.01 - 7 Chinese Brothers (Reckoning)

I've been getting snaked like mad these past three rounds, but getting the 1-2 opening punch from Reckoning at this stage of the game eases the sting a little.

"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
            "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
            "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

8.02 Until the Day is Done, Accelerate

Comment

8.03 Welcome to the Occupation, Document

If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Photograph w/ Natalie Merchant

(sorry, no live concert or music video of this song...)

I think what I'm saying with this pick is...REM needed a female presence for me to like them more.
                  Last edited by Pogues; 04-23-2013, 04:38 PM.
                  Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Fables was recorded in London, so every time they tour here they always play more Fables songs than elsewhere. Apparently back in the 80's it wasn't as well received as some other records ... I find that hard to believe looking back. The band didn't have a great time recording it, so I think that had a part to play in their impressions.

8.05 Maps and Legends (Fables...)

Fables starts with - Feeling Gravity's Pull --> Maps and Legends --> Driver 8 ... lather rinse repeat please.

Plus ... more great Mike Mills - Mikey Stipe harmonies. Got all the early REM ingredients: great bassline, great asymmetric layered harmonies, jangly rhythm guitar

Comment

8.06a Monty Got a Raw Deal, Automatic For the People

will post video later
                      "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
                      "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

You guys took most of my Fables... picks, so I'll go elsewhere.

8.06b What If We Give It Away, Life's Rich Pageant

again, video later.
                        "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
                        "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

8.07 bittersweet me, hifi

Video here:

Last edited by joncarlos; 04-24-2013, 09:23 AM.

Comment

8.08 Star 69 (Monster, 1994)

Silly lyrics, but awesome riffage.

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                            We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

8.10 Disturbance at the Heron House (Document, 1987)

Didn't think it would make it back to me. The Revolution will not be televised, yo, except maybe on MTV Unplugged.

Comment

8.11. Second Guessing. Reckoning. 1984.

now that's some stipe-doo for you!
                                "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Working...
                                X