REM Draft Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lucky View Post
    Man, I'm ready to pick. My playlist is stale.
    Long John is on the road today and requested to be notified by email when it's his turn. I did that as soon as Johnny picked.
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik View Post
      Long John is on the road today and requested to be notified by email when it's his turn. I did that as soon as Johnny picked.
      I'm glad you did ... I said to myself "didn't LJ leave a message for his next pick or something" ... checked the discussion thread ... nothing. Totally forgot he PM'd me also.

Comment

• Oh, pay me no mind. I'm just complaining to be complaining. I am pretty anxious, though. I have my pick narrowed down to four or five.

Comment

• Draft Thread Rosters and History up-to-date

Comment

• Cotdangit, What If We Give It Away was my next pick.

Comment

• What If We Give It Away was on my short list last round. I didn't expect it to make it back.

Comment

• We are still skipping FB until tomorrow, so Lucky is up. I tried to PM him but his inbox is full.

Comment

• I'll shoot him a message on facebook.

Comment

• I certainly didn't set out to roster three of Monster's singles, but it just kinda happened that way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik View Post
                      I certainly didn't set out to roster three of Monster's singles, but it just kinda happened that way.
                      When Let Me In went I figured it'd be on of the records I pass on. I have a weird relationship with Monster. Wasn't a huge fan when it came out, but over the years I've come to like most if not all the songs on the record. Though since this has happened piecemeal, I still have problems liking it as a coherent single piece of work. But it's full of great songs. There's no doubt it has a unique sound ... they got a really unique tone on the reverb, so much so that you can pretty much identify the record from any single open chord on the album.

Comment

• Made my pick. 8.10 Disturbance at the Heron House Document isn't my favorite, but I couldn't let this one go.

Comment

• Bryanbutler for two, and then back to me?

Comment

• picks are up.

did manage to get one good song from Reckoning. not nearly my favorite, but i like it a lot still, and it's by far the best (IMHO) left on that album.

one thing i've really liked about this draft is it's forcing me to listen to all the more recent albums. i have to admit that coming in i had barely listened to anything after Monster. not a huge fan of Up, but there's at least one song on it i may pick. and i really quite like Accelerate. haven't listened to all of New Adventures..., Around the Sun, or Reveal yet.
                            "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

• Well the crickets and mocking tell me that I could have waited until Round 12 on Photograph.

Which really sucks since Bryan just took two of my top 7 on my list.

And I finished listening to Up. It's safe to say I'll never listen to that album again. It's safe to say the two best songs off that album have already been selected.
                              Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogues View Post
                                Well the crickets and mocking tell me that I could have waited until Round 12 on Photograph.

Which really sucks since Bryan just took two of my top 7 on my list.

And I finished listening to Up. It's safe to say I'll never listen to that album again. It's safe to say the two best songs off that album have already been selected.
                                Hadn't heard Photograph in a while, but it's a good tune. Not so REM-like, but a good pick.

Up tends to grow on people (except sheep, who apparently dug it the first time).

I think I'm the only one who has picked anything from Up [At My Most Beautiful, Daysleeper (for Alice), and Lotus]. Since the best two have been selected, I guess I got 'em.

Comment

Working...
                                X