• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
    A few more to rip apart.

Radiohead - OK Computer
    Old 97s - Too Far to Care
    Arcade Fire - Funeral
    I assume you meant to list The Bends there, right?
    "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
    "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
    "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

• I have dozens of records I can listen to start to finish without thinking of skipping ... too many to list.

Comment

• This is what I get for not hanging out in the Sports Bar anymore. I would jump in late, but I am out of pocket for five days starting Thursday. I look at what has been taken and think that I could still make a great album with what is left and part of me wants to jump in next week afterwards and make a best of what was left undrafted attempt. But then, I realize you are only half-way done and I would probably be left rostering the drunk-ass version of King of the Road.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
          I have dozens of records I can listen to start to finish without thinking of skipping ... too many to list.
          In iTunes, I like to take classic albums, strip out the song(s) that I think are subpar, replace them with superior songs that are stylistically similar from other albums by the band, and then re-sequence the new collection entirely to make a perfect record.

Their artistic vision is clearly no match for mine.
          "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
          "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."

Comment

• 7 Chinese Brothers ... great tune, nice pick.

Also props to Stephen for Until The Day Is Done ... Accelerate rocks.

Comment

• I'd probably have picked a whole different set of songs if I were sequencing it on a fantasy REM record.

Comment

• Me too.

Comment

• Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
                  In iTunes, I like to take classic albums, strip out the song(s) that I think are subpar, replace them with superior songs that are stylistically similar from other albums by the band, and then re-sequence the new collection entirely to make a perfect record.

Their artistic vision is clearly no match for mine.
                  Has anyone done the Radiohead 10 - 01 record mash up?

You intersperse the first 10 tracks from OK Computer with In Rainbows, with a 10 second crossfade.

Start with Airbag, then 15 Step etc etc ... ending with Videotape from In Rainbows.

That's 2 more records I can listen to without wanting to skip a track.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                    I have dozens of records I can listen to start to finish without thinking of skipping ... too many to list.
                    Me, too, too many to count, but even then I realize that some of the songs, while not skippable, keep it from being a perfect album, beginning to end.

Even my beloved Beatles...a Ringo composition, or even vocal, pretty much disqualifies it for me.

Some off-the-wall nominations...Spirt, "Twelve Dreams of Dr. Sardonicus", Moby Grape, "Moby Grape", Jerry Jeff Walker, "Viva Terlingua", Miles, "In a Silent Way"

Comment

• Originally posted by Lucky View Post
                      Me, too, too many to count, but even then I realize that some of the songs, while not skippable, keep it from being a perfect album, beginning to end.
                      I was going to post the same thing but got distracted. Especially since I mostly listen to vinyl these days, skipping songs isn't really an option.
                      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• been trying to chart out my remaining picks, and i find myself dismayed that i've only got 3 left :|.

well, that and the fact that Reckoning is awfully picked-over at this point...
                        "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

• Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
                          been trying to chart out my remaining picks, and i find myself dismayed that i've only got 3 left :|.

well, that and the fact that Reckoning is awfully picked-over at this point...
                          Huh. I think there might be more good songs left on Reckoning than on any other... errrrr, I mean, you're right, there's nothing left there, you probably ought to start looking somewhere else.

Last edited by senorsheep; 04-23-2013, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Agree with this 100%. Every REM album has a few "skips." Every Beatles album has skips, too, IMO. I doubt I could come up with ten albums in the history of rock music that don't have at least one "meh" track amongst the jewels. That might be a fun Sports Bar experiment some time - how many classic albums could we all agree are 100% drek-free? Not many, I'll wager.
                            None. Not one. Not a single solitary album.

We can't agree on anything in here.
                            Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

I assume you meant to list The Bends there, right?
                              +1. And stop using my lists to pick from.
                              Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Damn it Sheep! Now I've split my "draft list" down by "Side A" & "Side B". :-P

Comment

Working...
                                X