Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stephen View Post
    Hmmm, strange.

Spotify & Natalie Merchant's official site lists it as "Michael Stipe & Natalie Merchant"

But you're right, it seems that there is a mix of sites that mention R.E.M. vs Michael Stipe.

I stand corrected.
    I did some crazy level ofdue diligence on that one before picking it. Apparently they can both claim it but Natalie called dibs for her greatest hits.
    Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stephen View Post
      Hmmm, strange.

Spotify & Natalie Merchant's official site lists it as "Michael Stipe & Natalie Merchant"

But you're right, it seems that there is a mix of sites that mention R.E.M. vs Michael Stipe.

I stand corrected.
      Let him have it, it'll keep him away from real REM songs.

If he starts taking Golden Palominos songs, then we'll have to intervene.
      Last edited by senorsheep; 04-23-2013, 05:45 PM.
      "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
      "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
      "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

• Can I take covers from my old Bingo Handjob bootleg cassettes?

Comment

• Hindu Love Gods, anyone?

"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
          "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
          "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

• Hmmm, Michael Stipe wore baggy pants. Can I take this?

Comment

• someone will know this (most likely johnny or erik)...wasn't it REM who got so pissed at the crowd one night, many moons ago, that they played covers all night long? i know they've played dozens of covers, but I think they did one show of nothing but. ring any bells?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lucky View Post
                someone will know this (most likely johnny or erik)...wasn't it REM who got so pissed at the crowd one night, many moons ago, that they played covers all night long? i know they've played dozens of covers, but I think they did one show of nothing but. ring any bells?
                Never heard that ... they play so few covers, I'd be surprised if they had a whole set of them rehearsed and ready to go

Tried to find some live REM versions of People Have The Power ... couldn't even find that.

Comment

• I am not aware of any band doing that, but I don't follow REM closely. Maybe Johnny knows.
                  Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                  We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• People Have The Power ... (in theory)

Comment

someone will know this (most likely johnny or erik)...wasn't it REM who got so pissed at the crowd one night, many moons ago, that they played covers all night long? i know they've played dozens of covers, but I think they did one show of nothing but. ring any bells?
                      That does remind me of a more humorous incident.

On New Year's Eve 2004 I went to see Wilco, The Flaming Lips and Sleater-Kinney at MSG. Wilco headlined and were playing at midnight. After the countdown they launched into five straight covers. At the end of that sequence, Jeff Tweedy said "congrats, you paid 50 bucks to see a cover band!"

Comment

• It could have been U2. Somebody big, who weren't as big at the time.

Comment

• If Phish did that, their fans would have loved it, as some of their best jams have come from covers like "Crosseyed and Painless," "Drowned," and VU's "Rock and Roll."

Comment

• No more youtubing!

Comment

• Gov't Mule, who sometimes play massively long shows, will sometimes get a wild hair and play a whole album.

By the way, does anyone watch the series "Justified"? I just started watching it on Roku/AmazonPrime, in part because an old college buddy is in it. Or at least he is in Series Two. He might get blown up next episode.

Man, I'm ready to pick. My playlist is stale.

Comment

Gov't Mule, who sometimes play massively long shows, will sometimes get a wild hair and play a whole album.

By the way, does anyone watch the series "Justified"? I just started watching it on Roku/AmazonPrime, in part because an old college buddy is in it. Or at least he is in Series Two. He might get blown up next episode.
                                I'm nearly at the end of series 2 or 3 (I think 3) ... not completely up to date. It's pretty good.

Comment

Working...
                                X