Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
    and he's always in a hurry.
    I thought he was a doctor. Or maybe a veterinarian.
    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
      I thought he was a doctor. Or maybe a veterinarian.
      i thought he was a big, happy, purple hippo-like thing that walked around slapping his belly.

oh, wait, his avatar isn't really him? next you're going to tell me that steve isn't an otter. shyeah, right!
      "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Originally posted by Funkley View Post
        Last name of the first man I killed.
        Bet it happened at a farmers market.

Comment

Although it appropriately describes my golf game, my name was given to me by my college buddies based on my unusual hobby. The local paper just did a write up about me....Is that a great headline or what ?

---------------------------------------------
          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
          ---------------------------------------------
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
            Although it appropriately describes my golf game, my name was given to me by my college buddies based on my unusual hobby. The local paper just did a write up about me....Is that a great headline or what ?

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/today/...-his-backpack/
            wouldn't that be The Fecal Slasher???
            "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/today/...-his-backpack/
              "Dude... careful with my backpack, that's where I keep all my sh!t"
              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

I started being called B-Fly in middle school, when there were four different Brians in my class. Fly is short for Fleischer. I was at the cutting edge of the unimaginative sports nickname tradition of A-Rod, C-Webb, T-Mac, etc.

Comment

Don't forget future Hall of Fame center P-Ew from that era...
                  finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                  own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                  won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                  RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                  C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                  OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Community theater actor in my other hobby (pic is me in a show called Defying Gravity, 2006). Played Sancho in Man of La Mancha 2 1/2 times, hence the name.

A little gossip, a little chat
                    A little idle talk of this and that
                    I'll tell him all the troubles I have had
                    And since he doesn't hear, at least he won't feel bad
                    Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                    -- William James

Comment

Back in the day, you could not have numbers in your screen name, so I could not use #1jayhawkfan or 1 jayhawkfan, jayhawkfan was taken and onejayhawkfan was too long. So...

Also, it is serenfipity, since J is my first initial.

J
                      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

I might be a little late to this thread, but I chose my moniker because I am a huge Cubs fan.

Cough, cough, Losers!
                        I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                          He was my favorite player when I was growing up.
                          For a time, he was my favorite also. One of my most treasured possessions is a Kevin Seitzer (and John Stefano) Fleer rookie card I had signed by Seitzer. It was an absolute thrill the day he went to the Indians. He lost favorite player status when Jim Thome came into the league.

I realized I never posted in this thread. For those who don't know (which you must be new around here) Pogues is my favorite band.

I might be the only RJer to have his handle also on his license plate at one time or another.
                          Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
                            i thought he was a big, happy, purple hippo-like thing that walked around slapping his belly.
                            I do look like my avatar but I cannot move like it [/jealous]
                            I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
                            You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
                            "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
                            It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

Originally posted by SeaDogStat View Post
                              I do look like my avatar but I cannot move like it [/jealous]
                              apparently you are so slow it takes you over a year to reply to messages...
                              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                                apparently you are so slow it takes you over a year to reply to messages...
                                Don't you have an RJEL minor league pick to make?
                                I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
                                You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
                                "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
                                It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

Working...
                                X