RJ names...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
    i might be the only old-timer here that has a handle that is his real name. ah well. i never bought into the "don't use your real name online because bad things will happen" theory, and i've been online since the mid 80's. so, yeah, my handle is my name. really. don't stalk me...
    I'm an old-timer.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
      I'm an old-timer.
      And yet you don't look a day older in your picture.
      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
        I wasn't?
        No chad was.

Comment

I was looking for a name that the mere sight of it would irritate Bob.

Comment

Y'all know I root root root for the clean players

Comment

Born with it. Couldn't think of anything clever when inputting my info.

Comment

I live in the Pine Barrens of South New Jersey. There is a bumper sticker in town that says Piney Power, but I did not think that was a good handle. Piney Man also did not have a good ring to it either.
                Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Obviously Spinal Tap, but more when S.T. first came out we had a softball team named after the bar we worked in, but every game one of our fans would heckle, "smell the glove." for fun the next season we had his face made into our jersey with STG around it. No longer Sons of Italy, now Smell the Glove....

fyi... in Athens, Ga way back then, there was no booze sold anywhere on Sunday. Thus the bar league Sunday games. not so surprisingly, there was always a keg around Sunday night.

Comment

sorry - i should have been more clear in that i have *both* my first and last name in my handle.

yes, you are an old-timer . (to both Steve and Gregg.)
                    "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
                      sorry - i should have been more clear in that i have *both* my first and last name in my handle.

yes, you are an old-timer . (to both Steve and Gregg.)
                      I just thought you liked to say your name really fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                        And yet you don't look a day otter in your picture.
                        Fixed.
                        “Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”
                        -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

In my younger days I was considered an up-and-comer in my industry and one competitor took to call me the boy wonder. So just switched it around so I wouldn't have to wear that goofy Robin costume.
                          “Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”
                          -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

I think a lot of people here know this, but mine is boring along the lines of baldgriff. My handle has nothing to do with caves or birds. "cave" are the first four letters of my last name and the chess opening I play is the "Bird's" Opening. (After Henry Bird, a 19th century English bloke.) The first online place I had a handle on was in the early 90's and it was a chess site, so I picked that. It's my name everywhere ever since.

Comment

This was the first internet message board I ever joined, back when it wasn't common knowledge that you shouldn't use your real name. So this is my real name.

My fantasy team names are much more creative. (The Andy Reid Diet Plan, Kickers on Roids, etc.)
                              Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                              We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Controller Jacobs is "Johnny" from the Airplane! movies, the guy in my avatar.
                                people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Working...
                                X