RJ names...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RJ names...

How did you decide on your RJ nom de plume?

I always enjoyed The Hobbit and LOTR books, especially Gandalf. So i decided to use his name in Elvish tongue as i think it just sounds so cool.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

DMT is the most intense hallucinogen known to exist. I happened to stumble upon it at the inaugural Bonnaroo music festival in 2002. Probably the worst environment for doing it (since it's not a recreational drug). It was certainly a life-altering event for me...the craziest part about it is that it only lasts for about 2 minutes yet because of the extreme distortion of space/time, it feels like an eternity. Anyways, there's been tons written about it and even a government-sponsored study on its effects. Highly recommended reading for anyone who likes altering their perceptions.

If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

I just used what I use for everything else.... Im bald and its part of my last name....
      It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
      Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

I'm Greg, I'm from Toronto - but nobody here says "To-ron-to", same way nobody pronounces "New York" or "Baltimore" or "Cleveland" ...
        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

RJ name is just my initials. But a couple of my roto team names are more creative. My birth date in hexadecimal is 7A7A, so one team is called "Seven-A". Another name, "Little Red", is sort of a variation on my first name, which is Robin (yeah, there are a few of us male Robins around). The Italians call the robin bird 'pettirosso', which translates literally as 'little red'.

Comment

went to Radford University, home of the hustlin' highlanders. When I first started logging onto places back in the days of AOL and BBSes, I tried using highlander but it was often taken. While trying different combinations I hit on h-eye-lander. It's never taken anywhere and it's just what I use anymore.
            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

He was my favorite player when I was growing up.
              "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                I'm Greg, I'm from Toronto - but nobody here says "To-ron-to", same way nobody pronounces "New York" or "Baltimore" or "Cleveland" ...
                I always just thought you were a tranny

Comment

DJBeasties -- my initials and my favorite music group in 1997. It became my email and eventually my handle. Sometimes people call me DJBeasties in real life.
                  Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

This is already my favorite Mith thread.
                    Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                      I always just thought you were a tranny
                      not that there's anything wrong with that ...
                      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                        Having met Greg, I'd say that if he was a tranny he was one awful looking lady before the change.

My name comes because I worship the devil and I live in New Mexico.
                        hey, you wouldn't have looked so hot in a dress yourself ...

and you haven't fully explained yet - do you worship the devil 505 times?

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                          hey, you wouldn't have looked so hot in a dress yourself ...

and you haven't fully explained yet - do you worship the devil 505 times?
                          505 is the original area code in NM.

Comment

Young Frankenstein - Marty Feldman was my first avatar.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFurious View Post
                              505 is the original area code in NM.
                              seriously? they've needed another one???

Comment

Working...
                              X