Affordable Health Care Law under review by SCOTUS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
    You were not the one calling me to task.
    I call, but you never pick up

Comment

• If I knew this was the result.....
      It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
      Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
        I blame Fowler...she's the villain here.
        That's a start.

I am not quite sure what your question is. Have Democrats taken big money donations from corporations? Yes. Did the set ACA to fail in an attempt to nationalize the industry? Yes. The two are not inconsistent. Are the Republicans blameless for the failure of ACA? So far the Democrats have managed to shut them out--no amendments before passage and no changes since. They tried to screw things up but failed so far.

Originally posted by DMT View Post
        There is no question that Obama should have pushed harder for single-payer. But who made single-payer untenable?
        No one made it untenable. The problem is that it is incompatible with the current one-size-fits-all delivery system. If you choose a standard--say Medicare, VA or pick a country--then you can talk about single payer. That's what Bernie did, Medicare for everyone. However you choose, there must be additional levels of care available to those with money, which has always been the sticking point.

J
        Last edited by onejayhawk; 06-20-2017, 06:16 PM.
        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Medicare for all seems like a great solution to me.
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
            Medicare for all seems like a great solution to me.
            Me too
            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Im all for single payer - and I agree that there should be an option for those that want something more/better.
              It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
              Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                That's a start.

I am not quite sure what your question is. Have Democrats taken big money donations from corporations? Yes. Did the set ACA to fail in an attempt to nationalize the industry? Yes. The two are not inconsistent. Are the Republicans blameless for the failure of ACA? So far the Democrats have managed to shut them out--no amendments before passage and no changes since. They tried to screw things up but failed so far.
                J
                Well I don't think I've seen this idea before, I'd think that if you want people to buy into it you'd present a rationale or evidence. It seems kinda silly to design a health care bill that will take a decade or more to fail (if it even does fail) and then assume that your party that just created a failed system will be elected with enough power to start over again. Not to mention the involvement of interests of the current health care industry being involved in every step of the bill. Plus their support for many Democrats. Anyway, believe what you want, but your theory doesn't make much sense to me.
                ---------------------------------------------
                Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                ---------------------------------------------
                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• We need AFFORDABLE healthcare for every American Period.... If you think otherwise you're a dumbass or one of the most selfish fucksticks to walk the earth.

Which are you?
                  If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                    We need AFFORDABLE healthcare for every American Period.... If you think otherwise you're a dumbass or one of the most selfish fucksticks to walk the earth.

Which are you?
                    It's neither, but thanks for asking. If you think it's even possible, then you're either a d...I won't say it. I'm nice that way.

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                    Well I don't think I've seen this idea before, I'd think that if you want people to buy into it you'd present a rationale or evidence. It seems kinda silly to design a health care bill that will take a decade or more to fail (if it even does fail) and then assume that your party that just created a failed system will be elected with enough power to start over again. Not to mention the involvement of interests of the current health care industry being involved in every step of the bill. Plus their support for many Democrats. Anyway, believe what you want, but your theory doesn't make much sense to me.
                    Yes you have, though perhaps worded differently. As to evidence, there is a ton. For starters, one of the supposed architects went public. He snickered about how they rigged the numbers. This was 2014 IIRC. If you check out the results, his story gets confirmed. For starters, the coverage is extremely wide, much more than most people would purchase for themselves. This is the list (bolding mine).

Ambulatory patient services
                    Emergency services
                    Hospitalization
                    Maternity and newborn care
                    Mental health and substance use disorder services, including behavioral health treatment
                    Prescription drugs
                    Rehabilitative and habilitative services and devices
                    Laboratory services
                    Preventive and wellness services and chronic disease management
                    Pediatric services, including oral and vision care

Normally, the bolded would need to be added on to a standard contract, with additional fees. Making these mandatory drives the price out of the affordable range. It also loads to pool with those that already have a condition, also driving up prices. For many healthy young people it was much cheaper to pay the penalty, excuse me, tax. As prices rise, healthy people get out, driving prices up faster causing most of the state pools to collapse.

They asked to eat the seed grain and plant it in the spring. It takes a while, but civilizations have died from this mistake.

J
                    Last edited by onejayhawk; 06-20-2017, 10:25 PM.
                    Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

It's neither, but thanks for asking. If you think it's even possible, then you're either a d...I won't say it. I'm nice that way.

J
                      It IS possible just stop clutching your pearls.

And Yes I can be a dick, but I'm not as big of a dick as those who think their financial wellbeing is more important that the health of other.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

We need AFFORDABLE healthcare for every American Period
                        This is just the kind of detailed thought leadership that we need to get things done. We should probably make america great again while we are at it...

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                        .... If you think otherwise you're a dumbass or one of the most selfish fucksticks to walk the earth.

Which are you?
                        yep... that's how we seem to be going about making america great too...
                        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                          This is just the kind of succinct, detailed leadership that we need to get things done. We should probably make america great again while we are at it...

yep... that's how we seem to be going about making america great too...
                          I get it, we should be kind to those saying or spitting in our faces saying go F*ck yourself.

When will the Left realize the Right had made inroads just saying FUCK YOU.

Those who oppose universal health care do so for selfish reasons and the need to be called out for it.

I mean if we stood next to a KKK member and shouted YOU'RE A RACIST how long would they stand there? The same goes for those who resist healthcare for all because it impacts their rental properties.

It's wrong, let them know and if it's vitriolic, well then they deserve it.
                          Last edited by GwynnInTheHall; 06-20-2017, 10:09 PM.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I get it, we should be kind to those saying or spitting in [y]our faces saying go F*ck yourself.

When will the Left realize the Right had made inroads just saying FUCK YOU.

Those who oppose universal health care do so for selfish reasons and the need to be called out for it.

I mean if we stood next to a KKK member and shouted YOU'RE A RACIST how long would they stand there? The same goes for those who resist healthcare for all because it impacts their rental properties.

It's wrong, let them know and if it's vitriolic, well then they deserve it.
                            You're doing that already. No need to change.

J
                            Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

You're doing that already. No need to change.

J
                              Yeah you're right.

I guess asking people to care about others as they care for themselves is just too much..................

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

They are going to walk away, but they are still going to be racist... you need them to stand there and listen to you. I don't like listening to you and I fuckin' agree with you most of the time.
                                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Working...
                                X