Affordable Health Care Law under review by SCOTUS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
    I dont pay taxes to Apple. Anything they screw up on is dealt with by their board and shareholders.
    No you don't, but if their mistakes cost their employees jobs, you pay and if paying their CEO forces their employees to require assistance outside of work, you pay. You do realize that don;t you?
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
      I want to come back to this. Why in the middle of a good conversation and exchange of ideas do you throw out this type of erroneous charge? Is it meant to just shut the conversation down? I just dont understand where this comes from. I fully understand that you disagree with my point of view, but it doesnt mean that we cant discuss what we see or how we see it.

If I keep saying I see heads and you keep espousing that all there is is tails...... we may never come to the agreement that we are actually looking at two sides of a quarter.
      It's because you almost always espouse the exact same views...we get it at this point. It becomes not an exchange of ideas, but an attempt to refute your views. Of that I'm guilty.

IMO, we need to think outside the box, not repeat what we DON'T like about something, but instead look to what we can do to change things.
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
        No you don't, but if their mistakes cost their employees jobs, you pay and if paying their CEO forces their employees to require assistance outside of work, you pay. You do realize that don;t you?
        isnt it just as possible that a skilled and highly paid CEO could make the company more successful which helps all the employees and shareholders?

This is like going into the auction with really good keepers and paying $100 for the only stud SP available. No he's not worth it but he could make the difference between winning or coming in 2nd.
        "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
          It's because you almost always espouse the exact same views...we get it at this point. It becomes not an exchange of ideas, but an attempt to refute your views. Of that I'm guilty.

IMO, we need to think outside the box, not repeat what we DON'T like about something, but instead look to what we can do to change things.
          I have advocated plenty of times things we can to do change things. I have advocated looking at 3rd party candidates - and am told that is a waste of a vote or Im an idiot. I have never stated that my opinion is better than yours. I would like to think that if we continue to discuss we may find some common ground - like when I said that the DOD budget is excessive.

From there we may be able to figure out other things that we might agree on. I would cut that budget significantly, and the excess I would give back to the people paying the taxes into that cluster. Putting money back in people's pockets gives them the freedom and power to decide what they want to do with it. Of course, there will be some that make bad decisions with their money - that isnt necessarily the governments responsibility.
          It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
          Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

isnt it just as possible that a skilled and highly paid CEO could make the company more successful which helps all the employees and shareholders?

This is like going into the auction with really good keepers and paying $100 for the only stud SP available. No he's not worth it but he could make the difference between winning or coming in 2nd.
            $100 Kershaw and $1 for the other 22 players makes for a poor team, jes sayin.
            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I have advocated plenty of times things we can to do change things. I have advocated looking at 3rd party candidates - and am told that is a waste of a vote or Im an idiot. I have never stated that my opinion is better than yours. I would like to think that if we continue to discuss we may find some common ground - like when I said that the DOD budget is excessive.

From there we may be able to figure out other things that we might agree on. I would cut that budget significantly, and the excess I would give back to the people paying the taxes into that cluster. Putting money back in people's pockets gives them the freedom and power to decide what they want to do with it. Of course, there will be some that make bad decisions with their money - that isnt necessarily the governments responsibility.
              What if people don't actually have money to GO back into pockets?

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Not if you have great keepers.
                "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Not if you have great keepers.
                  You're putting the "Fantasy" in Fantasy Baseball............

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Depends on the size of the league
                    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• ahhh, but you rarely spend more than 2 - 10 dollars on your catchers.

and why is that?? Because they dont bring much to the table.
                      It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
                      Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                        Depends on the size of the league
                        I thought you said Size didn't matter?

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

OK, say that someone makes $50,000 bucks a year, how much goes back into their pocket? Let's say 5% for the sake of argument...what will they do with that $2,500 bucks? Is it reasonable to think that they'll actually save and perhaps invest the money? Or, looking at some of the past tax rebates right here in Minnesota, they spend it on a new phone, new entertainment system, car etc. Sometimes, IMO, it's a better idea to have someone else LIKE the Government invest the money in things which might benefit everyone. Now the key is to get the right people in Government who'll actually do that...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

I thought you said Size didn't matter?
                            I have no idea what you mean????
                            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                              OK, say that someone makes $50,000 bucks a year, how much goes back into their pocket? Let's say 5% for the sake of argument...what will they do with that $2,500 bucks? Is it reasonable to think that they'll actually save and perhaps invest the money? Or, looking at some of the past tax rebates right here in Minnesota, they spend it on a new phone, new entertainment system, car etc. Sometimes, IMO, it's a better idea to have someone else LIKE the Government invest the money in things which might benefit everyone. Now the key is to get the right people in Government who'll actually do that...
                              I agree. But why would you think that would ever occur? I mean ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                                I agree. But why would you think that would ever occur? I mean ever.
                                Sure, there are plenty of people out there who are altruistic, they just have to be convinced that one place they can actually make a change is in government. And it starts at the local level...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                                X