Affordable Health Care Law under review by SCOTUS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
    Keep deluding yourself that we're providing equal opportunity in this country.
    He's already deluding himself that he's adding to the conversation.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
      He's already deluding himself that he's adding to the conversation.
      baldgriff is the only one here doing that.
      "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
        baldgriff is the only one here doing that.
        No, Griff has an opinion and a conviction and has shared that with us and even though I might not agree with him, I respect that.

Your contribution to the discussion hasn't really gotten past--You Go Boyeeeee
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

No, Griff has an opinion and a conviction and has shared that with us and even though I might not agree with him, I respect that.

Your contribution to the discussion hasn't really gotten past--You Go Boyeeeee
          I dont need to restate what was already perfectly stated.
          "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

I dont need to restate what was already perfectly stated.
            Excellent, I'm glad you can appreciate my position.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Excellent, I'm glad you can appreciate my position.
              If your position is that baldgriff is making excellent points, then yes!

Comment

If your position is that baldgriff is making excellent points, then yes!
                Cute, see!! You're a natural for Dallas Blue and Silver!

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Tell that to the children living in poverty, undernourished, and attending shitty schools because of the same mindset that you espouse that has gutted funding for programs helping their parents.
                  Your not hanging this shit on me! You want to hang it on someone - hang it on those who held the keys in the poorest cities.

Detroit – Dem mayorDem Governor 2003 to 2011 – Current Governor Republican
                  Milwaukee – Dem mayorDem Governor 2003 – 2011 – Current Governor Republican
                  Philadelphia – Dem mayorDem Governor 2003 – 2011 Republican 2011 – 2015 – Current Governor Democrat
                  Memphis – Dem mayor - Dem Governor 2003 – 2011 – Current Governor Republican
                  Tuscon – Dem mayorDem Gov 2003 – 2009 – Current Governor Republican
                  Baltimore – Dem mayorDem Gov 2007 – 2015 – Current Governor Republican
                  Fresno – Rep elected 2016 – Republican Gov 2003 – 2011 – Current Governor Republican
                  El Paso – Dem mayor – Republican Governor since 1995
                  Indianapolis – Dem mayor – Republican Governor since 2005
                  Boston - Dem mayor - Democrat Governor 2007 – 2015 – Current Governor Republican

Does anything stand out here?

Im no fan of either party and havent supported either or them for all of this current century. You dont like my ideas - hey I can live with that - but dont blame me blame the assholes that ran these cities into the shitholes they have become.
                  It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
                  Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
                    Your not hanging this shit on me! You want to hang it on someone - hang it on those who held the keys in the poorest cities.

Detroit – Dem mayorDem Governor 2003 to 2011 – Current Governor Republican
                    Milwaukee – Dem mayorDem Governor 2003 – 2011 – Current Governor Republican
                    Philadelphia – Dem mayorDem Governor 2003 – 2011 Republican 2011 – 2015 – Current Governor Democrat
                    Memphis – Dem mayor - Dem Governor 2003 – 2011 – Current Governor Republican
                    Tuscon – Dem mayorDem Gov 2003 – 2009 – Current Governor Republican
                    Baltimore – Dem mayorDem Gov 2007 – 2015 – Current Governor Republican
                    Fresno – Rep elected 2016 – Republican Gov 2003 – 2011 – Current Governor Republican
                    El Paso – Dem mayor – Republican Governor since 1995
                    Indianapolis – Dem mayor – Republican Governor since 2005
                    Boston - Dem mayor - Democrat Governor 2007 – 2015 – Current Governor Republican

Does anything stand out here?

Im no fan of either party and havent supported either or them for all of this current century. You dont like my ideas - hey I can live with that - but dont blame me blame the assholes that ran these cities into the shitholes they have become.
                    I didnt realize Boston was a poor city. And isnt CA's gov a democrat?

Comment

• I'm not hanging it on you, but the 'equal opportunity not equal outcome' argument flows right into the policies cutting social programs, does it not? Besides, not sure what that list of cities is supposed to prove. Tucson is not a shithole and has shown plenty of growth in the 13+ years I've lived here and projected for more.

"Career opportunities are a big draw in the city, where Moody’s projects job growth of about 11.1% over the next five years."
                      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

I didnt realize Boston was a poor city. And isnt CA's gov a democrat?
                        if you type in top 10 poorest cities I got this link: https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...orest+cities&*

I believe I looked up all of the cities mayors and governors - if I got one wrong I apologize.
                        It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

I'm not hanging it on you, but the 'equal opportunity not equal outcome' argument flows right into the policies cutting social programs, does it not? Besides, not sure what that list of cities is supposed to prove. Tucson is not a shithole and has shown plenty of growth in the 13+ years I've lived here and projected for more.

"Career opportunities are a big draw in the city, where Moody’s projects job growth of about 11.1% over the next five years."
                          Tuscon has had a Republican Governor since 2009 - longer than any other except El Paso. (interesting eh?)

Comment

• I think we should spend on education and provide opportunities for everyone. If you keep giving people something for free - they likely will continue to do so no matter what color they are.

Comment

What are you getting at - related to whether someone who is rich decides to work or not?

I have stated in the past that the government should be responsible for Infrastructure and National Defense. Though I dont know how it applies here.
                              It's just a question. You have said that government should provide Infrastructure and National Defense. I know what defense means. But different people mean different things by infrastructure. Some libertarians include only capital improvements. Some libertarians include government institutions like police, courts and fire. I can't tell which camp you are in.

I'm not in the conversation about the rich working, etc. That was someone else. I've got opinions, but haven't expressed them. Suffice it to say that I don't understand people, rich or poor, who don't want to work, but I haven't personally run into a lot of them.

I'm also not trying to pick on BG by asking him about infrastructure. There is a legitimate debate as to whether libertarian philosophy should embrace governmental entities. Libertarians, being a contrarian lot, don't agree on the subject. I thought BG would be a good one to ask because (I think) he said he worked in the financial industry, where governmental enforcement of contractual obligations (and to some extent regulatory controls) are especially important.

So, nothing up my sleeve this time, believe it or not.
                              If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

I think we should spend on education and provide opportunities for everyone. If you keep giving people something for free - they likely will continue to do so no matter what color they are.
                                I agree with the notion of spending on education and providing job opportunities. Also somehow we need to have a general perception shift where it is cool for tradesman type jobs, plumbers, electricians, etc, where we generally have positions available with not enough qualified workers. We differ in healthcare. As the global model demonstrates, successful civilized countries provide healthcare for its people. We have large enough sample size to know this, what the challenge is to operate an efficient syste, unlike now where U.S. spends most per capita on healthcare without the corresponding benefit for all.

Comment

Working...
                                X