Lucky
    FB
    Revo
    Mith
    Johnny
    Gregg
    DMT
    Overkill

Someone else please send me the numbers 1-10 in random order.
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
      Time to determine draft order.

Someone please send me a list of these names in random order:

Erik
      Sheep
      Lucky
      FB
      Revo
      Mith
      Johnny
      Gregg
      DMT
      Overkill
      Names sent.
      "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
      "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
      "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

numbers sent

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
          numbers sent
          Ditto
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Order of names sent from Sheep:

Erik
            DMT
            Lucky
            Gregg
            Fresno Bob
            Overkill
            Mith
            Sheep
            Johnny
            Revo

Order of numbers sent from johnny (which arrived first):

Matching the first name with the first number, etc., we get a draft order of:

1. Sheep
            2. Lucky
            3. Overkill
            4. Johnny
            5. Gregg
            6. DMT
            7. Mith
            8. Revo
            9. Erik
            10. Fresno Bob

I'll create a draft thread. Clock won't start until tomorrow, but Sheep can pick anytime today if he wants.

Comment

first time "on the wheel" in an RJ draft
              "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Like Sheep, I did not want the #1 pick either. I think 4-5-6 is the sweet spot in the first few rounds.

Comment

Excellent pick at number one Not what I would have taken, but a classic tune.
                  "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Wow, it's hard to pick a single Stones tune. I can hardly stand to think about the songs that are going to go off the board by the time it gets back to me. But, I went ahead and picked one that really did it for me when it first came out, and still does it for me today.

Oddly, I picked a Stones tune in the first round of the Classic Rock draft, and this isn't it.

Comment

I have a short list of 3 ... I'll put all 3 on repeat and see which one survives.

Comment

This is an interesting piece about Tattoo You:

In We’re No. 1, A.V. Club music editor Steven Hyden examines an album that went to No. 1 on the Billboard charts to get to the heart of what it means to be “popular” in pop music, and how that concept has changed over the years. In this installment, he covers The Rolling Stones’ Tattoo You, which went to No. 1 on…

Comment

I had to figure Sympathy for the Devil wouldn't slip down to 8......

Comment

...or 9.

But the other song that I would have taken with a high first rounder is still there.

Comment

My parents' record collection in the '70s consisted of classical, singer-songwriter pop (CSNY, Paul Simon, Carly Simon) and, for some reason, Goat's Head Soup, which they never played. I presume they bought it for the ballad, though I never asked.

GHS gets a bad rap, but it's no worse than any of their other post-Exile stuff. It's a victim of bad timing, coming immediately after the incredible run of Beggars Banquet through Exile. Anything would have been a letdown after that. "Heartbreaker" has always been one of my favorite Stones songs.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                                I had to figure Sympathy for the Devil wouldn't slip down to 8......
                                I would not have passed by me at #5.

I was 11 years old when I first heard/saw the Rolling Stones on the Ed Sullivan Show in 1964. Some of their music I have heard so much that it can cloud my judgement. I have to make sure I remember why it was played so much.

I think I will find this draft interesting to see what the younger members of the site will like for their own rosters.

Comment

Working...
                                X