Exceelent TV Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
    I absolutely hated the frakking angels ending, for me the pinnacle was either the New Caprica stuff or the mutiny
    It wasn't a religious ending as most people seem to have thought ... they weren't angels, they seem more like ideas ... they represent the inevitability of destruction as the end product of technological progress. The question: is technological progress doomed to lead to our own destruction? The answer: yes, unless we all start to take a degree of individual responsibility. I like the way they resolved the discussion ... love me a bit of Kierkegaard.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
      That's cool...final season starts sunday, totally stoked!
      Happy / sad. Another great series coming to a close

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
        When does The Walking Dead start up again? Love the hell out of that show.
        It is a great show, did you watch any of the walking dead marathon this weekend? Ran the whole series and then the pilot ran in black and white. 4 minute trailer premiers at comic con this weekend so we should be able to see it by Monday.

As for the return, the show comes back in October not sure on the date.
        Last edited by frae; 07-11-2012, 07:39 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
          That's cool...final season starts sunday, totally stoked!
          Absolutely can't wait!

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
            It wasn't a religious ending as most people seem to have thought ... they weren't angels, they seem more like ideas ... they represent the inevitability of destruction as the end product of technological progress. The question: is technological progress doomed to lead to our own destruction? The answer: yes, unless we all start to take a degree of individual responsibility. I like the way they resolved the discussion ... love me a bit of Kierkegaard.
            "Kara Thrace and her Special Destiny" was always the heart of the show for me, making her a magical non-corporal being ruined all of that for me....I've actually built a whole ret-con thing in my head where Kara is the first human-cylon hybrid, with her father being Daniel, the lost/boxed cylon
            "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
              Also, one of the best endings of any of the "epic" series from the last 10 years.
              "The Shield" had the absolute best ending of any series I've seen
              "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Commie con? Now there's a convention I could get into!

No, I didn't watch any of the stuff this weekend but it's all just re-released stuff, right?
                Yeah it was just fun to watch some of the stuff from season 1 that wasn't as fresh in my mind. The scene with the guts on the street is still great and the pilot is amazing.

Comment

"The Shield" had the absolute best ending of any series I've seen
                  +1 ... unquestionably

Comment

"Kara Thrace and her Special Destiny" was always the heart of the show for me, making her a magical non-corporal being ruined all of that for me....I've actually built a whole ret-con thing in my head where Kara is the first human-cylon hybrid, with her father being Daniel, the lost/boxed cylon
                    I'm still not sure where she fits in or why. Obviously from a plot development perspective she was central. But you know they had something deeper in mind ... I really don't feel like dredging through the fan-boards to see what the received wisdom is.

They could easily have achieved the same goal without doing that ...

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
                      It is a great show, did you watch any of the walking dead marathon this weekend? Ran the whole series and then the pilot ran in black and white. 4 minute trailer premiers at comi con this weekend so we should be able to see it by Monday.

As for the return, the show comes back in October not sure on the date.
                      My wife and I recorded all of them. We have watched the first 4. While I am not ready to put it my top 10 favs, it is a pretty good ride so far. I do look forward to seeing what comes next.

Comment

Hey, you guys want to hear something cool (at least to me)?

So for those of you that watch Breaking Bad you probably know it's filmed in Albuquerque. So my wife and I have been going slowly through the series, although we probably should have been watching it all along, and are almost done with Season 2.

You guys remember how Jesse gets an apartment next door to that chick he starts banging? That's my old apartment from when I was finishing up my undergrad! It's right on the corner of Lead and Terrace close to UNM. The place is actually a 4-plex, although they make it look like a duplex. The door that Walt kicks in when Jesse is all smacked out on heroin when Walt has to sell the 38 lbs. of meth to the secret dealer guy was my old door!

Pretty neat, at least for me.
                        I love stuff like this. Thanks for sharing.

A year ago April, my wife and I met the horse in The Walking Dead. That horse is an amazing animal and is one of the best trained horses around today. His name is Blade and he is owned by Tommy Turvey. Tommy is a great guy. He is a stuntman and horse trainer.

Comment

• Oh yeah, I can't wait...

Comment

• Pretty psyched Netflix sent me an email yesterday that Breaking Bad Season 4 was now online... watched the last couple of season 3 and the first 5 of season 4... Such a great series! When does Season 5 start? I definitely don't want to wait so I will be DVRing season 5 once it starts... AHHHH SHIIT... it started last night?!? GD IT!! There better be a repeat somewhere.....argh!
                            I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
                            You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
                            "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
                            It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

• Originally posted by SeaDogStat View Post
                              Pretty psyched Netflix sent me an email yesterday that Breaking Bad Season 4 was now online... watched the last couple of season 3 and the first 5 of season 4... Such a great series! When does Season 5 start? I definitely don't want to wait so I will be DVRing season 5 once it starts... AHHHH SHIIT... it started last night?!? GD IT!! There better be a repeat somewhere.....argh!
                              Check this out Mike...

Watch the latest full episodes and video extras for AMC shows: The Walking Dead, Better Call Saul, Killing Eve, Fear the Walking Dead, Mad Men and more.

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
                                Oh yeah, I can't wait...

Holy crap ... that looks like about 3 seasons worth of storyline!

Comment

Working...
                                X