No announcement yet.

Exceelent TV Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm a bad junkie and haven't checked in much lately but binging shows has been an important part of getting through the pandemic and I even kept a list of all the shows so here's what I think of all of them:

Brooklyn 99 - 10
    Dead to Me - 8
    Ted Lasso - 9
    The Morning Show - 6
    Detroiters - 9
    The Leftovers - 8
    Ramy - 8
    Pen15 - 9
    Shrill - 7
    Flight Attendant - 8
    The Great - 8
    Search Party - 9
    Letterkenny - 10
    Brockmire - 9
    Dave - 9
    The Last Kingdom - 9
    Friday Night Lights - 10
    Justified - 8
    Hacks - 9
    Rutherford Falls - 8
    Cobra Kai - 9
    Mythic Quest - 9
    Only Murders in the Building - 9
    Reservation Dogs - 9
    Ash vs Evil Dead - 7
    Midnight Mass - 8
    Killing Eve - 8
    Billions - 9

Comment

• Interesting list.

- I'm watching Ted Lasso, but meh. It's not bad, it's just not that good either.
      - Cobra Kai started off great, but I dunno, this last season has kinda gone off the rails. Even my kids have given up on it.
      - Invasion on Apple TV was great.
      - Murderville on Netflix is hysterical. Will Arnett is awesome. The premise is a celebrity guest star shows up as themselves, a detective trainee, partnered with Arnett, and the show is almost entirely ad-libbed. The guest star has to figure out which of the other characters committed the murder. You should add it to your list.
      - Inventing Anna is kinda crazy

Comment

• Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
        I'm a bad junkie and haven't checked in much lately but binging shows has been an important part of getting through the pandemic and I even kept a list of all the shows so here's what I think of all of them:

Brooklyn 99 - 10
        Dead to Me - 8
        Ted Lasso - 9
        The Morning Show - 6
        Detroiters - 9
        The Leftovers - 8
        Ramy - 8
        Pen15 - 9
        Shrill - 7
        Flight Attendant - 8
        The Great - 8
        Search Party - 9
        Letterkenny - 10
        Brockmire - 9
        Dave - 9
        The Last Kingdom - 9
        Friday Night Lights - 10
        Justified - 8
        Hacks - 9
        Rutherford Falls - 8
        Cobra Kai - 9
        Mythic Quest - 9
        Only Murders in the Building - 9
        Reservation Dogs - 9
        Ash vs Evil Dead - 7
        Midnight Mass - 8
        Killing Eve - 8
        Billions - 9
        How can you only give Justified an 8?! That is just wrong!

That said it is an interesting list and I appreciate you posting it. I am sure Mrs. Gregg and I will pilfer a few off of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          How can you only give Justified an 8?! That is just wrong!

That said it is an interesting list and I appreciate you posting it. I am sure Mrs. Gregg and I will pilfer a few off of it.
          It started off as more of a 9 but the fact that Boyd kept getting away with shit with no repercussions rubbed me wrong towards the end. Overall an enjoyable show but not quite an all-timer for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
            The Last Kingdom - 9
            Really like that show...I more season right?

Comment

• Wasn't aware of that but apparently it drops a week from today. I am Uhtred son of Uhtred!

Comment

• I'll steal Overkill's format for the shows my family has watched over the last while:

Cobra Kai - 9 - Love this show, such an awesome trip down 80s memory lane.
                Agents of SHIELD - 7.5 - We are well behind on this one, just about done with season 3. It often operates at a 9 or 10 level but there are too many goofy bits, like something from The Flash or Arrow or one of those low budget shows.
                Better Call Saul - 10 - Almost caught all the way up now. This is one of the best shows I've ever watched, a la Breaking Bad. Started a little slow but there are a few all timer episodes.
                Ted Lasso - 9.5 - Just one of the best concepts for any show ever. Never thought I'd love a show that's essentially just about kindness so much. Who knew wholesome watching could be so great?
                Ozark - 8 - It's a good show but the constant tension wears thin after a while. I like it but I won't be that sad when it's over.
                The Book of Boba Fett - 7 - Some very good and some very bad mixed in. There are some characters (the mods? wtf????) that just suck, but it's a cool enough show.
                Squid Game - 8.5 - Very entertaining and definitely picked up pace as it headed toward the end. The last couple episodes were very satisfying. Will be on board for season 2, for sure.
                More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                  I'll steal Overkill's format for the shows my family has watched over the last while:

Cobra Kai - 9 - Love this show, such an awesome trip down 80s memory lane.
                  Agents of SHIELD - 7.5 - We are well behind on this one, just about done with season 3. It often operates at a 9 or 10 level but there are too many goofy bits, like something from The Flash or Arrow or one of those low budget shows.
                  Better Call Saul - 10 - Almost caught all the way up now. This is one of the best shows I've ever watched, a la Breaking Bad. Started a little slow but there are a few all timer episodes.
                  Ted Lasso - 9.5 - Just one of the best concepts for any show ever. Never thought I'd love a show that's essentially just about kindness so much. Who knew wholesome watching could be so great?
                  Ozark - 8 - It's a good show but the constant tension wears thin after a while. I like it but I won't be that sad when it's over.
                  The Book of Boba Fett - 7 - Some very good and some very bad mixed in. There are some characters (the mods? wtf????) that just suck, but it's a cool enough show.
                  Squid Game - 8.5 - Very entertaining and definitely picked up pace as it headed toward the end. The last couple episodes were very satisfying. Will be on board for season 2, for sure.
                  We have been binging Better Call Saul the last week, love it. We watched Friday Night Lights over the holidays, also very good. Cobra Kai was hard to get back into after a long break, but I think we are caught up on that.
                  ---------------------------------------------
                  Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                  ---------------------------------------------
                  The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• The wife and I just finished Reacher. Really enjoyed it but isn't headbutting someone going to hurt your head too?
                    “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
                      The wife and I just finished Reacher. Really enjoyed it but isn't headbutting someone going to hurt your head too?
                      I have wondered that as well. Near as I can tell first the Headbuttie is not expecting it so it hurts them more. Headbutter does feel pain but not as much. Plus it is tv or movies so it is about as real as getting shot and being ok in a minute or two. I have also read that if done properly the headbutter is supposed to aim at the more soft fleshy part of the headbuttie such as nose, eye socket. This hurts them more and the headbutter less.

Comment

I have wondered that as well. Near as I can tell first the Headbuttie is not expecting it so it hurts them more. Headbutter does feel pain but not as much. Plus it is tv or movies so it is about as real as getting shot and being ok in a minute or two. I have also read that if done properly the headbutter is supposed to aim at the more soft fleshy part of the headbuttie such as nose, eye socket. This hurts them more and the headbutter less.
                        Try this out on the Mrs. and let us know the results. (I kid, I kid....sheesh)

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
                          Try this out on the Mrs. and let us know the results. (I kid, I kid....sheesh)
                          Who do you think I learned this stuff from?

A knee to the testicles followed immediately by a headbutt is almost an out of body experience.

Comment

Who do you think I learned this stuff from?

A knee to the testicles followed immediately by a headbutt is almost an out of body experience.
                            Everyone has a kink I guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                              Everyone has a kink I guess.
                              The Kinks would be a good name for a band.

Comment

• Winning Time on HBO started last night. It started a little rough IMO, with way too much talking directly to the viewer, which I hate. Hopefully that was just for intro purposes. It's filmed in a way to make it seem 1970s-ish, but sometimes goes a little overboard there. But once it got going, it was great.

Comment

Working...
                                X