Exceelent TV Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
    Exactly. I can't call it 'genius' after 2 eps but definitely some potential. Certainly a Durdenesque quality to it.
    I watched the first season and I thought it was pretty good. Very strange and different but has some very funny moments as well.

Comment

The final season of Breaking Bad will be split into two parts.

http://www.yidio.com/news/breaking-b...=LastPagePosts
      just watched 1.01 of Breaking Bad last night, really looking forward to ripping through it all in the next couple of weeks
      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
        Prisoners of War, the Israeli series on which Homeland is based is starting Thursday. Looking forward to this.
        On what channel?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
          just watched 1.01 of Breaking Bad last night, really looking forward to ripping through it all in the next couple of weeks
          Buckle your seatbelt.
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• bsg marathon just starting right now. should take about 3-4 days to complete.

just finished watching sliders marathon.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
              On what channel?
              It will be on BBC4 ... but that means there will be a perfectly subtitled version on the downloading networks as the episodes air.

I had a look for it before and couldn't find a version with subtitles.

I'll send you the links if you want.

Comment

• Anybody else looking forward to the Hatfields and McCoys this Memorial Day weekend?

Looks really good.

Comment

Buckle your seatbelt.
                  indeed.

"I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Immensely enjoyed the season finale of Person of Interest. It's been really good the last few months.
                    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Just finished the first season of The Bridge (Bron - Broen) ... a 10 part Danish / Swedish serial killer mystery. Really good. If you like your TV dark and uncompromising, and don't mind subtitles, this is well worth checking out. It's available free here on BBC iPlayer, but I'm fairly sure that isn't available outside the UK.

Another excellent female lead character from a Scandi series.

Should be available from the usual download sources now that it has aired with English subs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik View Post
                        Immensely enjoyed the season finale of Person of Interest. It's been really good the last few months.
                        Agreed, looking forward to next season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik View Post
                          Immensely enjoyed the season finale of Person of Interest. It's been really good the last few months.
                          Yes the finale was outstanding. I look forward to next season.

Comment

• House finished okay.

I really liked the season finale of Nikita. I guess they weren't sure whether it was going to be renewed or not and with mild changes the show would have worked well as either a season or series finale. I like the way next season is set up.

Supernatural pretty much hit its apex with the conclusion of it's main story arc about 3 seasons ago, but it's still fun and they make it interesting. Next season looks promising.
                            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                              Apparently CBS are planning a modern reboot of Sherlock Holmes with Jonny Lee Miller ... WHY? Just team up with the BBC and turn that glorified mini-series into a proper series ... a lot cheaper and a lot less effort if you ask me ... pretty much a slam dunk.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/02/14/cbs-sherlock-holmes/
                              Masterpiece theater just finished broadcasting the three season 2 shows. I watched 1 & 2 last night. Very good stuff. I'd recommend to anyone.
                              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                                Masterpiece theater just finished broadcasting the three season 2 shows. I watched 1 & 2 last night. Very good stuff. I'd recommend to anyone.
                                Agree 100% with this, my whole family enjoys the reboot, hell, we are going to speedy's for lunch one day when we are in london this summer
                                "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Working...
                                X