Exceelent TV Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
    BSG is worth watch for the first 2 series alone ... I liked the final 3 series, just not as much. Those first 2 series are spectacular. The final 3 series were good, but I think they don't seem as good because the bar was set so high. I'll watch it again in a few years time ...

... I never really had a problem with the ending. A bit like Lost, the time was right even if it wasn't absolutely perfect.

The only reason not to watch BSG is if you really really hate sci fi. Otherwise, it's a must watch. And because there is so much more going on, I think you can enjoy it even if you don't like sci fi.
    I didn't have a problem with the ending either. Sure it was vague and inconclusive. But that's what you get when you mix mysticism and science fiction.

Comment

• The "Seinfeld" finale was utter drivel. I think Larry David had left by then. It was an insult to the intelligence of the very fans who made the show such a huge hit.
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
        The "Seinfeld" finale was utter drivel. I think Larry David had left by then. It was an insult to the intelligence of the very fans who made the show such a huge hit.
        A bigger Seinfeld fan you will not find than me..and i thought the finale was great. I loved that it brought back all of the great bit players..the final scene used lines form the first episode..and the fact that they were found guilty for doing NOTHING..as the whole series was based on them doing nothing. brilliant!
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
          There have been plenty of shows with poor endings.
          Benson. He runs against the Governor, series ends without revealing who won.
          Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
          We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• I had no problem with the Seinfeld ending. It was a little forced, but had plenty of great, subtle moments, just like the rest of the show.

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
              Lost appears on just about every Best TV Show of All-Time list. Not only does it appear but it appears really, really high on most every list. There are millions upon millions of people who rank it as their favorite show ever. If you somehow got through Lost and DIDN'T think it was great, you're in the minority. Sure, it wasn't perfect and I didn't love the ending but there were many more great episodes than just the poor ending. Makes me wonder whether we'd track about other shows, honestly.
              Lost was a great show, the best looking show I've ever seen on tv and the best score I've ever heard from a tv show. Those two reasons alone would make me recommend it.

The opinion of Lost seems to have seriously turned for the worse once some time passed since the finale. I've read blogs and talked to people who have changed their minds about how great the show was and are now seriously disappointed in the crapfest season 6 was.

That said, I'd watch it again if someone who hadnt seen it wanted to rewatch it together. Perhaps I'd switch to the fan edited season 6 which removes the idiotic purgatory drivel: http://fanedit.org/14402/
              "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik View Post
                I had no problem with the Seinfeld ending. It was a little forced, but had plenty of great, subtle moments, just like the rest of the show.
                I actually really liked that ending.
                "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
                  Lost was a great show, the best looking show I've ever seen on tv and the best score I've ever heard from a tv show. Those two reasons alone would make me recommend it.

The opinion of Lost seems to have seriously turned for the worse once some time passed since the finale. I've read blogs and talked to people who have changed their minds about how great the show was and are now seriously disappointed in the crapfest season 6 was.

That said, I'd watch it again if someone who hadnt seen it wanted to rewatch it together. Perhaps I'd switch to the fan edited season 6 which removes the idiotic purgatory drivel: http://fanedit.org/14402/
                  I remember disliking some of the execution of the ending rather than the ending itself. Parts of it were a bit hammy and badly set ... but overall I was more disappointed that another great show was ending ... even if the timing was about right.

Comment

• Season 6 of Lost was mostly weak, as was the first half of Season 3. The rest of it owned. That's a far better hit ratio than most series can manage.

Comment

• If you're a Monty Python fanatic, you might want to catch the six-part documentary Monty Python: Almost the Truth, which is streaming on Netflix. One of the co-producers and directors is Terry Jones' son, and all five surviving members sat for extensive interviews.

Comment

If you're a Monty Python fanatic, you might want to catch the six-part documentary Monty Python: Almost the Truth, which is streaming on Netflix. One of the co-producers and directors is Terry Jones' son, and all five surviving members sat for extensive interviews.
                        I think they are getting together to make a new movie (well kind of ...):

Dotdash Meredith is America's largest digital and print publisher, with brands including PEOPLE, Better Homes & Gardens, Allrecipes, Investopedia, Verywell, and more! Learn about career opportunities, our leadership team, and how we can help you reach audiences across our network of trusted brands.

Comment

• Yes, that news is what reminded me that I had the doc in my queue and should watch it.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                            I think they are getting together to make a new movie (well kind of ...):

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/01/2...obin-williams/
                            Last I heard, Idle and Cleese were feuding (or maybe it was a joke, who knows)

Comment

• Idle and Cleese are both kind of disagreeable people, from what I've heard. However, Cleese has said he is grateful to Idle for launching Spamalot and making all of them a lot of money, because Cleese needs it thanks to a horrendous divorce settlement.

One sense you get from the doc is that despite their professional bonds, none of them are really close friends, with the possible exception of Jones and Palin.

Comment

Idle and Cleese are both kind of disagreeable people, from what I've heard. However, Cleese has said he is grateful to Idle for launching Spamalot and making all of them a lot of money, because Cleese needs it thanks to a horrendous divorce settlement.

One sense you get from the doc is that despite their professional bonds, none of them are really close friends, with the possible exception of Jones and Palin.
                                Yeah, but what I heard was the Cleese thought Idle owed him more money.....

Comment

Working...
                                X